• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If you are thinking about heading down this road you might want to stop by here:
    cajungunworks

Excellent after-market parts for your Canik. They will most definitely take it beyond anything you would expect from a $350 gun.

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NE of Indy
    So they're about $110 over buying online, but you avoid the $25 FFL fee. So is it worth $85 to walk out the door with it? I'd order one online, wait and give my local shop the fee. -I priced them getting it for me but it was going to be $479 and then tax on top of that...

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    So they're about $110 over buying online, but you avoid the $25 FFL fee. So is it worth $85 to walk out the door with it? I'd order one online, wait and give my local shop the fee. -I priced them getting it for me but it was going to be $479 and then tax on top of that...

I get what you are saying. Gander Mountain gets bashed a lot on here, but if you take in shipping and dealer fees their prices are not that much over what you pay ordering online, plus you can handle it before you buy it. I go in there fairly often because my wife likes to go to a fabric store next door. I once saw a .22 pistol that I was interested in that was actually cheaper there then it was everywhere else, so there is no real reason not to include Gander Mountain in the places that you look. If their price is close to what you would pay online then why not walk out with it?

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    I get what you are saying. Gander Mountain gets bashed a lot on here, but if you take in shipping and dealer fees their prices are not that much over what you pay ordering online, plus you can handle it before you buy it. I go in there fairly often because my wife likes to go to a fabric store next door. I once saw a .22 pistol that I was interested in that was actually cheaper there then it was everywhere else, so there is no real reason not to include Gander Mountain in the places that you look. If their price is close to what you would pay online then why not walk out with it?
    I guess it depends on the gun. I find they're typically about 10-15% higher than my favorite gun store and 20-25% higher than buying online. (They're REALLY gouging on the TP9 at 30+% though). If you're buying a less expensive gun, that markup is going to be less impactful and closer to a transfer fee cost to somebody else. But that markup can really eat you alive on expensive guns.

And their used guns, are flat-out horrible, IMO. What they want for rusty police turn-in's is a joke.

deltaecho

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Got my Stingray not too long ago. Feels extremely high quality.

Canik is one of those hidden secrets that hasn't gotten out yet. Now's the time to invest in them before everyone gets wind of it.

Well the CZ cat is well out of the bag at this point, so Canik is only a matter of time.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I have heard nothing but good reviews on this gun. I saw a youtube review by "Nut N Fancy" and the gun ran well and was very accurate. I want one........or for that price mabey two.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have heard nothing but good reviews on this gun. I saw a youtube review by "Nut N Fancy" and the gun ran well and was very accurate. I want one........or for that price mabey two.

Okay, I don't think you are getting the whole "keep it to yourself" thing. ;)

Top Bottom