Is Broadripple/The vogue still this bad?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Yes they pat down. I have seen lots of great shows at the vogue over the years.

Greg almond, the doobie bro's, Johnny cash, soul aslum, dave mathews, Frank zappa, Ect. if it is a ticked event the pat down for sure. I use to go a couple of times a week and since they knew me they did not pat me down intill the big bands came into town,

The bigger artists seem to have gone away from playing the vogue. Look at the photo's on the wall and see the bands that used to play there. Worth the price of admin to a show by itself.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I've twice been to the Vogue in recent years to see Ralph Stanley. There was no patting or wanding. I attribute this to the nature of the crowd that one would expect to attend a bluegrass performance.

I see two choices when attending any venue in Broad Ripple:

1) Carry a gun;

2) Don't go.

There is no reasonable third option for a person who has any sense.

PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    Looks like a trip to PSS before I go home. Not that that is every a bad thing (my wife may have issue with it). I never thought I would need one, but it looks like an ankle holster is in my very near future.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I went there for a show last halloween...It was GWAR and if you know about GWAR then you know what kind of people may be found at a GWAR show...the pat downs were probably a little more thorough than for other shows.
    I carried my S&W442 in a belly band along with a few extra speed strips. I made sure the grip was near my belt buckle so if they were to pat me down even if they felt there it would just feel like a belt buckle.
    All in all if you deep conceal than you can get by just about anything (except maybe a metal detector). You can always go into the bathroom once you get in a go from a deep conceal position to a more comfortable/accessible position with a belly band too.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Get there early so you can park nearby on College Ave. + walk with a purpose + remain aware + don't stagger around at 3am = you'll be OK. Broad Ripple isn't Disneyland, but it isn't Dodge City either.

Also, if you are like most people, you're going to have a drink or two at the show (my apologies if this is incorrect). Not sure that I'd want to have to make a deadly force decision after a couple of drinks, and having a BAC > 0 probably won't help your case if things go badly.

Last edited:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Damn, last time I was at the Vogue was to see a movie. Don't mind me, I'll just sit in the corner and molder away to dust.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Sad we have to even discuss this isn't it?

I would say deep conceal and reposition as mentioned..

Also like mentioned, depending on the show the crowd will dictate the scrfeeening more than likely..

Go early, try to not be part of the rush just before show time..

Just an opinon..

Good luck..

Top Bottom