Is Carry Legal in Brown County State Park?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Says the same thing on that site as well.
    DNR: Rules & Regulations

Not exactly
    “Any firearm (except validly licensed handguns) BB gun, air gun, CO2 gun, bow and arrow, or spear gun in possession in a state park must be unloaded or un-nocked and stored in a case or locked within a vehicle, except when the owner is participating in an activity authorized by written permit.“

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    How can they get away with restrictions on long guns? I plan to backpack with my SBR. I've already hiked while carrying a pistol (I have a LTCH of course).

Iron68Giant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2015
    Brown County
    I lifeguarded at the State Parks pool last year and yes they are allowed in the park but firearms are not allowed inside the pool area. I actually had to tell one of Mike Pences bodyguards to leave the pool because he was open carrying.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    I lifeguarded at the State Parks pool last year and yes they are allowed in the park but firearms are not allowed inside the pool area. I actually had to tell one of Mike Pences bodyguards to leave the pool because he was open carrying.

While I'm not 100% certain, I believe the Governor's security detail is handled by ISP. I would assume LE is exempt from the no firearms rule at the pool.

Iron68Giant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2015
    Brown County
    We didn't even know Mike Pence was at the pool until after I told the guy to leave. The only reason I told him too was because my boss said I wasn't allowed to have mine inside the pool area. If it was in my truck it was all good but not inside the pool.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    The pools have rules above and beyond the park? I get the 'no running' stuff, but the rest? Huh.

Wish the State would preempt itself. I'll keep writing letters and talking to the few folks that will listen....

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    We didn't even know Mike Pence was at the pool until after I told the guy to leave. The only reason I told him too was because my boss said I wasn't allowed to have mine inside the pool area. If it was in my truck it was all good but not inside the pool.

There it is.

So you are prevented, as an employee of the state, from having a gun in your workplace (assuming your boss wasn't making :poop: up on the spot).

Can anyone cite IC that would allow such a restriction on park visitors, gubernatorial security detail or otherwise?

I'm strongly leaning toward "no".

Top Bottom