• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I won't mention names, but my favorite trainers hosted a bigger name regional/national trainer. We were all going to dinner after the class, when the big name guy got in my ear about John OCing into the restaurant. "Hey we're gonna have to talk to John about that. He can't be doing that..." :lmfao:

Yep, I've heard it plenty of times. I wonder if there's a correlation that a lot of the big name trainers have LEO backgrounds? :tinfoil:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That thread has the entire history of the argument including the cultural updates. I don’t think it has to be the only thread that can exist on the topic. It’s a good point of reference to point people to. I don’t think anyone is pushing for mods to merge this one into that one.
    Exactly. It's also the first thread you see in the Carry Issues Forum.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    This open or concealed carry debate keeps coming up over and over again.
    Open or concealed carry is simply an individual's choice, with no right or wrong answer.
    Agreed, The only wrong answer is to assure everyone that you have the answer.. We all will live with the decisions we make, good and bad.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Being the non-confrontationalist and realist I am, I think I have an amicable solution to the two biggest 2A arguments.

1) OC VS. CC
    Carry both ways, leave the OC unloaded and when the little girl takes it, pull out the CC and game on................everyone's happy, except the little girl.

2) 45 VS. 9mm
    I have, a great expense, cross bred the 45 and 9mm to make the ultimate round for knock down power and capacity. I call it the..................49 calimeter.

YOU'RE WELCOME!

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I won't mention names, but my favorite trainers hosted a bigger name regional/national trainer. We were all going to dinner after the class, when the big name guy got in my ear about John OCing into the restaurant. "Hey we're gonna have to talk to John about that. He can't be doing that..." :lmfao:

Initials MA ?

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Amish44:
    "I've taught my kids from the get-go...that how people perceive you and, as a result, respond to you, is all in how you present yourself...from your clothing choices to your attitude / demeanor, etc....you can influence how people perceive and respond you simply by your presentation to them.
    Arrogance and aggressiveness are both responded to in a defensive manner, etc.
    Having a mature and respectful approach, will often open the door for other conversations."

This. I am always aware of others when we are out, wife is the same way. Not so much to do with being armed as it is our nature to be observant . We see OC'ers occassionally and first thing I do is look hard at the individual . Read the look in the eyes and body language. Often it is a smart a** look and demeanor. Especially if they notice me. The ones that are at ease and seemingly in control with smooth movements do not set off the radar.

My $.02.

Don

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I didn't watch either video or read prior thread comments.

If Colion's opinion is that his preference for his own method of carry is concealed rather than open, then his opinion is correct. If his opinion is that everyone should carry according to his own preference, then his opinion is incorrect.

Just carry: in whatever manner (safely) that you choose, for whatever (lawful, wise) reasons you choose.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    He is neither right nor wrong. Open and concealed carry are simply choices that people make, and as such, they must take responsibility for their actions.

The times I have open carried, I keep my head on a swivel, and stay extra vigilant to people who are getting near me. If someone chooses to open carry in a relaxed and oblivious state, then any negative thing that happens is on them, and hopefully they can live with that.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    He is neither right nor wrong. Open and concealed carry are simply choices that people make, and as such, they must take responsibility for their actions.

The times I have open carried, I keep my head on a swivel, and stay extra vigilant to people who are getting near me. If someone chooses to open carry in a relaxed and oblivious state, then any negative thing that happens is on them, and hopefully they can live with that.
    So, in other words: their skirt was too short, so it was their fault they were raped?

Top Bottom