Is everyone unphased by deploying federal special forces on unarmed citizens?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I’m just curious of the sentiment here. Maybe it’s posted elsewhere, if so please direct me.

Do you guys consent to deploying a special squad to “handle” some misdemeanor level crime (if crime at all) on unarmed citizens trying to protest?

You don’t have to agree with the protesting, but do you agree with the use of these tactics?

To me, this is a bit overreaching. I mean let’s say gun control starts being debated and there’s a threat of taking away guns. Does this not set precedence for the federal government to override states and deploy special forces against gun-rights activists?

This just seems very Orwellian to me.

Curious to your thoughts.

Skipped all 8 pages of replies.

Don't want to be detained for questioning or else arrested by federal law enforcement officers? Don't riot, loot, commit arson, destroy private property, or otherwise commit federal crimes on federal property.

Actions have consequences.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Don't want to be detained for questioning or else arrested by federal law enforcement officers? Don't riot, loot, commit arson, destroy private property, or otherwise commit federal crimes on federal property.

And if you are in the area knowingly even just to watch you are at risk.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield

Do actions really have consequences? For instance, Portland Oregon has been in full riot for nearly two solid months, many rioters have suffered no consequence, but several law enforcement people have, some possibly permanently blinded by actions that the local officials (not police) allow to happen.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    From AG Bill Barr's testimony yesterday:
    [video=youtube;xvlM6lVZDmc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvlM6lVZDmc[/video]

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Granny bought him the bloody vest and knew he was downtown "protesting" every night. I guess bombing a federal building crossed one of her red lines...I wonder if anyone ever tried to teach antifa boy red lines not to cross.

I'm guessing she's an old hippie vicariously reliving her glory days of protesting. She probably just didn't want to get flash-banged when they came for him. Now he can go on to a glorious future like Bill Ayers; being rewarded for bad behavior.

Leonidas

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    “Federal Special Forces”? Really? Why don’t you ply in more to the false narratives of the libs. The team in Portland is a Bortac team which is just a US Border Patrol “SWAT” team that can travel nationally. They are protecting federal property from destruction. That’s it. Don’t make it more than it is. They are “troops” they are federal law enforcement doing their jobs.

PewPew1776

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2020
    Cornopolis
    The Portland rioters, or rather their handlers at RevComUSA, are just hoping to provoke a reaction where they will get seriously hurt.
    They would love nothing more, than for either the feds, or a fed up American to shoot a few of them with all their cameras rolling.

The Federal officers have so far shown great restraint, even in the face of having IEDs thrown in their direction, multiple fires being set, blinded with high power lasers etc.

Anyone believing the BS about "peaceful mothers/grandmas/navy veterans" being cracked down on needs to go out to Twitter and look at the videos a few minutes prior.
    Then it all becomes clear.

Also, I am sorry, but you don't get to go up to a bunch of LEOs after riot has been declared, to "ask a question".
    Any sane person would not remain in the area of a declared riot without understanding that they are subject to use of force and/or arrest.

I don't believe federal agents should be performing routine patrols without local consent, but defending federal property from getting destroyed/pillaged is fair game (see Portland Federal Court House).

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Doesn't a US Marshall have police authority in any situation/jurisdiction I think of Matt Dillon or Rooster Cogburn.

efpeter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    There is a fine line, but I think the line is disappearing.

The "federal special forces" are arresting people committing crimes. It is a bad precedent. However, the Marxist Democrat party has clearly established that they are at least amicable to violence, if not openly encourage it. It has to be stopped. The fact that Democrats will later use it as a basis to round up and imprison people based on politics can't be used as a reason anymore. They will do that if there is precedence or not. These are not peaceful protesters trying to retain or establish equal rights. These are lawless people who are violently rioting in response to police using deadly force, which in most of the cases is 100% warranted.
    Stopping the violent marxist democrat party now will spare a heck of a lot more bloodshed later.

stewey88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2020
    La Porte
    The Trump administration has ordered the Department of Homeland Security to move special federal agents (dressed in full military combat gear) into specific states and cities to 'help' with the current protesting and violence issues. The problem is, they do not have to identify themselves when arresting people and can hold anyone without charges. They have also committed whats considered war crimes against American civilians by destroying medical equipment used to assist wounded or hurt protesters.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The Trump administration has ordered the Department of Homeland Security to move special federal agents (dressed in full military combat gear) into specific states and cities to 'help' with the current protesting and violence issues. The problem is, they do not have to identify themselves when arresting people and can hold anyone without charges. They have also committed whats considered war crimes against American civilians by destroying medical equipment used to assist wounded or hurt protesters.

blah.gif

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

:rolleyes:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Do you have links to support any of this, or are you just completely indoctrinated by the MSM narrative?

Notropis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    NWI
    I'm not happy with police vested with federal powers popping in and out doing the work of local LEO. Really for a lot of reasons but one thing for sure. People voted for exactly this. Didn't they want people expressing themselves this way? Didn't they want retribution from angry mobs at this level? I mean they voted for mayors and city councils to intervene and stop local LEO from doing their job. By Feds restoring order, the express wishes on the voters are being ignored. You might say "but ordinary people actually don't want the chaos". Well then, why aren't the ordinary people exerting pressure on the local (spineless) politicians?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I welcome our new member to INGO, and their bravery in jumping straight into the politics forum. Seems to be something of a trend.

Just so I understand you correctly, what are "special federal agents"?
    Can you explain how civilian law enforcement is capable of committing war crimes?

Thanks in advance.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

He seems nice.:popcorn:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Federal agents to begin leaving Portland’s downtown: DHS, Oregon governor

“That plan includes the robust presence of Oregon State Police in downtown Portland,” Wolf explained. “State and local law enforcement will begin securing properties and streets, especially those surrounding federal properties, that have been under nightly attack for the past two months. Oregon State Police will coordinate with Federal Protective Service (FPS) officers to ensure all federal facilities remained protected and secure."

Wow, what a concept.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom