Is everyone unphased by deploying federal special forces on unarmed citizens?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The government can engage "unconstitutional behavior", a citizen is simply breaking a law, which is almost always defined and enforced on a state level.

I like how you put it - the Feds are "helping me". Perhaps someday soon they'll help me get rid of all these guns and ammo I have.

Parse, parse, parse.

So if fellow citizens are breaking the law, maybe not letting certain other citizens be free or go about their business, and the local government abdicates its duties to its citizens, do the Feds have no jurisdiction to remedy the situation for the citizens being denied their freedom?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Parse, parse, parse.
    That's what we do with laws and legal documents. :n00b:

So if fellow citizens are breaking the law, maybe not letting certain other citizens be free or go about their business, and the local government abdicates its duties to its citizens, do the Feds have no jurisdiction to remedy the situation for the citizens being denied their freedom?
    What happens when a sheriff decides he's not going to enforce an unconstitutional gun ban (or mask law)?

You're going to have to show me where in the Constitution that power is given to the federal government. Otherwise, it's unconstitutional.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...I'm pretty sure the violence started before they arrived.

And the local LEOs sat and watched, though I doubt it was by choice.

I'm curious if the governor, mayor, etc will allow them to actually do something now.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am just glad that we all agree that these peaceful (dare I say valiant) protesters need to be given room to vent their frustrations. If they need to do some looting or burning to accomplish that, it doesn't seem to be too much to ask.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...If they need to do some looting or burning to accomplish that, it doesn't seem to be too much to ask.

I am surprised that in a effort to out-woke each other, the bluest of the blue cities aren't inviting just that. Like bidding on the olympic games.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am surprised that in a effort to out-woke each other, the bluest of the blue cities aren't inviting just that. Like bidding on the olympic games.
    Think how much that would raise the spirits of the down trodden amongst us.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    What happens when a sheriff decides he's not going to enforce an unconstitutional gun ban (or mask law)?

You're going to have to show me where in the Constitution that power is given to the federal government. Otherwise, it's unconstitutional.

Sheriffs don't enforce federal law. Your gun ban comparison is irrelevant.

The President absolutely has the authority to send federal forces to quash insurrection. The only argument would be the question of what constitutes insurrection. Attempting to burn down federal facilities, hijacking a portion of a city and blocking the free movement of citizens, and attacking law enforcement with weapons including lasers intended to permanently blind, is fairly close to insurrection if you ask me.

IN71vet

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    Noble County, IN
    The next time I'm trying to burn down a Federal Courthouse I'll remember that. And guess what? When the last wacko lefty bird's DHS Secretary Big Sis Napolitono called me and every other ex-military a potential terrorist? We saw that in 2009.
    I remember that, just could not remember who insulted us. Thanks.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    WWLD?
    What Would Lincoln Do?

west.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Someone needs to spray Raid around the baseboards, they are coming out of the woodwork.

One miss wonders.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Sheriffs don't enforce federal law. Your gun ban comparison is irrelevant.

Right. And I was discussing with Ingomike and his premise of, "be free or go about their business". The feds aren't there to keep the peace. And just because agency A isn't enforcing some law, doesn't give the federal government the right to step in.

The President absolutely has the authority to send federal forces to quash insurrection. The only argument would be the question of what constitutes insurrection. Attempting to burn down federal facilities, hijacking a portion of a city and blocking the free movement of citizens, and attacking law enforcement with weapons including lasers intended to permanently blind, is fairly close to insurrection if you ask me.

Agreed.

However, I see it as general chaos and rioting as opposed to an true insurrection.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The Trump administration has ordered the Department of Homeland Security to move special federal agents (dressed in full military combat gear) into specific states and cities to 'help' with the current protesting and violence issues. The problem is, they do not have to identify themselves when arresting people and can hold anyone without charges. They have also committed whats considered war crimes against American civilians by destroying medical equipment used to assist wounded or hurt protesters.

C'mon man. It's pretty easy to fact check stuff. Well. Some things are harder, but this one is pretty easy. The statement's you've made, go verify they're true. CNN isn't gonna cut it though. It's bad for your eyes. It causes blindness.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Union forces retreat in Portland!

Alert the INGOtarians, dust off the gray and ride to victory!

Kirk works for CNN now? This is a transition in security duties from federal to state/local police.

Actual news: Federal Agents Agree to Withdraw From Portland, With Conditions

Federal agents will be withdrawing as Oregon agrees to move in state police to take over security duties, which they should have done two months ago. The feds only came in because Oregon was not doing their job and it was affecting federal property. The feds will only withdraw as they see others handling security properly and reserve the right to come back.

“State and local law enforcement will begin securing properties and streets, especially those surrounding federal properties, that have been under nightly attack for the past two months,” Mr. Wolf said. “We anticipate the ability to change our force posture,” he added, once circumstances on the ground “significantly improve” with the deployment of additional state and local law enforcement.

[video=youtube;1fOndTYqNhw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fOndTYqNhw[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Right. And I was discussing with Ingomike and his premise of, "be free or go about their business". The feds aren't there to keep the peace. And just because agency A isn't enforcing some law, doesn't give the federal government the right to step in.

Agreed.

However, I see it as general chaos and rioting as opposed to an true insurrection.

I think a lot of this should be cleared up after hearing Barr's testimony. There are two things being confused here. There's a initiative to send more federal agents to various cities to help out with general violent crime, not related to the more recent rioting, BECAUSE THEY ASKED FOR IT. Bar said that this was initiated months ago before COVID. But because of COVID the feds were unable to provide help. The recent initiative named after the kid who was killed, is essentially an extension of that earlier program, according to Barr. There's also an initiative to reinforce federal agents protecting federal property from rioters, which is within their duty to do. It is those agents who are primarily engaged with the protestors. I imagine there may be some overlap between the two, because rioting is violent crime too, but the media is treating it as if this initiative is some fascist attempt to subvert local law enforcement.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The riots aren't just general chaos. It's a means to an end. They're fighting for the revolution. Just ask them.

Top Bottom