• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theboilermaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    F.W.
    I had a m&p 9 and loved it except for the trigger so I sold it and bought a 226 in .40. The Sig rocks, but it has some moderate muzzle flip and is a little big. I am thinking of keeping it and getting a G19 as well. Does this make sense or am I being ridiculous?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Glock is both the question and the answer. :@ya:

I dont see what's ridiculous.The G19 is an awesome gun.And who doesn't want an extra gun anyway. :dunno:

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    The M&P would've outshined any of them with an Apex trigger.

Nothing wrong with a Glock 19.

And remember, there's nothing saying you can't have multiple handguns and carry them whenever you want to.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The M&P would've outshined any of them with an Apex trigger.

Nothing wrong with a Glock 19.

And remember, there's nothing saying you can't have multiple handguns and carry them whenever you want to.

Well the law actually says you can carry them whenever you want but not wherever you want . :):

theboilermaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    F.W.
    Thanks for all of the great feedback. Full size m&p also was sold because I have the full size 226. Not that the 19 is much smaller, but for some reason it just made sense. Haha. Thanks for all of the good feedback. Looks like I'm in the market for a Glock

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I had a m&p 9 and loved it except for the trigger so I sold it and bought a 226 in .40. The Sig rocks, but it has some moderate muzzle flip and is a little big. I am thinking of keeping it and getting a G19 as well. Does this make sense or am I being ridiculous?

It certainly makes sense. What role do you want the G19 to fill? Will this be a carry gun?

There's no reason to stick with a .40 cal if you don't think you can reliably put shots on target when you need it most.

Glock 19 is what I carry and I wouldn't trade it for anything, but there are others out there there are easier to conceal. I sometimes pocket carry something smaller when needed.

For me, each gun has a role to play. There's no sense having two guns that do the same job until all those roles are filled. After that, get whatever you want.

theboilermaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    F.W.
    I see it filling the role of a large carry gun that is still fun on the range. I have a ruger LCR that I often carry, but there are times I want more capacity and my attire can take more gun

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It certainly makes sense. What role do you want the G19 to fill? Will this be a carry gun?

There's no reason to stick with a .40 cal if you don't think you can reliably put shots on target when you need it most.

THIS!

I had a g23 and I traded for a G19. I noticed when I went from a heavy Ruger to the lighter Glock, I had accuracy issues. Those issues went away when I dropped in my 9mm lone wolf conversion barrel.

During the test firing in the trade meetup, I fired off a quick mag to see how it ran, and they were all well in the 9 ring. Took one last slow, careful shot at the little scoring legend in the upper left of the silhouette paper. Blew the 5 right off the paper... A direct hit.

So the moral of the story is, it doesn't matter how big your bullet is if you can't hit the target. :dunno:

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    See if someone will let you soot a G19. If you hit with it and like it sell the Sig off. No big deal. It is a wonderful free country we live in.

theboilermaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    F.W.
    I was thinking about a 9mm conversion fr the Sig But for a little more money I can have two guns, and also have the lower bore axis of the Glock. I don't think I can sell my 226 yet. Still in love with it, and I have loaded about 800 rounds up ready to fire down range

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The Glock 19 is a decent gun. I have two and shoot them pretty well, but I think I shoot my G23 a bit better. I find that when I shoot the G19, I have a bad habit of rushing the shots and the group opens up. But, when I shoot the G23, the extra bit of recoil forces me to slow down and the groups stay tight. It's not a gun issue, it's an issue of technique and discipline for me, but in the end, I shoot the G23 better than I shoot the G19. Have you considered a CZ 75B Compact? That's a gun that I can shoot quickly reasonably well. But, not a thing wrong with a G19 if that's the direction you want to try.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    If all you didn't like about the m&p was the trigger, why didn't/don't you just get a trigger from apex :dunno:

theboilermaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    F.W.
    If all you didn't like about the m&p was the trigger, why didn't/don't you just get a trigger from apex :dunno:

Because I already have a Sig 226 filling the role in my lineup of a full sized pistol. I was originally just going to buy a conversion barrel or exchange kit for the Sig, but I got to thinking and I like the idea of a "compact" pistol as well that could be concealed but also would be at home on the range.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom