is it a good or bad idea to let a 14 year old visit her mom in jail?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    With all due respect sir, you are a part of that "staff" crowd I was speaking of above. No offense, but your work jaded you.

I didn't stick around long enough for that. In fact, my refusal to conform to the deformation that it induces is the reason why my continued employment became an untenable situation. It took a number of years of unrelated experiences for me to become as I am today.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I think I am going to take her. Just need to find a good time

I hear in addition to seeing her mom, she can also learn a lot from a visit. What are the main things she can learn. How jails and law enforcement work?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I hear in addition to seeing her mom, she can also learn a lot from a visit. What are the main things she can learn. How jails and law enforcement work?

#1 would be stay out of those places. Do not get involved with situations or people that will lead to jail time.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

That's it's not as cool as she may think.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'm guessing it will make it more real to her? Before this to is jail was pretty much the place the "bad guys" went.

Good point. I would hope that it would reinforce on her that the line between we 'normal' people and the 'bad guys' is not nearly so broad and heavy as most of us would like to believe, and is often based on relatively arbitrary criteria. Further, she would be well served to understand that we have reached the point at which, unlike the past in which one had to make a clear, willful, and deliberate choice to break the law, we must make a point of proactively seeing to our compliance with the law which no longer requires going out of one's way to engage in wrong-doing in order to find yourself a 'guest' of the .gov.

Top Bottom