• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    There's an ad that keeps popping up on my phone from Walmart for a fold up mobility scooter for $39.99 I've been trying to find out from Walmart if this is real or like I said snake oil so far I haven't had any luck.
    Like they say if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There's an ad that keeps popping up on my phone from Walmart for a fold up mobility scooter for $39.99 I've been trying to find out from Walmart if this is real or like I said snake oil so far I haven't had any luck.
    They have nothing on their website less than $420.00.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Wonder if this is with insurance or Medicare coverage considered?

W3s

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Was it a legit ad from walmart? Did the link bring you to walmart.com? I have ads pop up on facebook all the time for products that are wayyy too cheap, and on the occasion I click them, they bring me to a website/domain that was created days before

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Was it a legit ad from walmart? Did the link bring you to walmart.com? I have ads pop up on facebook all the time for products that are wayyy too cheap, and on the occasion I click them, they bring me to a website/domain that was created days before
    DoggyMama clicks on ads on facebook all the time, despite me warning her to never ever do that. Go to the company website if you want to be assured that you're looking at the genuine item. Even if it turns out to be a legit website, it's usually cheap crap that they're peddling and not worth the money.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Not an expert at mobility scooters and not an expert about walmart.

I changed just the battery on a mobility chair maybe a year ago. It was over $100.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Okay, it's called an Optimus mobility scooter it's listed at $2,487.00.
    It weighs in at 52 lbs. It's a neat little scooter but it's awful pricey.
    If you’re in need of a good fold up electric chair, take a look at the Zoomer. Very easy to fold up with the pull of 1 cable. Pricey. But well worth it for mobility issues. Fast and lithium battery.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Back from the dead with the thread, wife ordered one then told me about it. She went to the credit card company to dispute the charge and ended up having to cancel the card and get a new one to get rid of the charge.
    I just saw another scam on facebook, pellet stoves for $59.00 supposedly from Tractor Supply. The ad has pictures of Tractor Supply all over it so it looks legit. The address is tractorsupplysales dot something so you have to look close. If you go to TSC, the real one they have the pellet stoves for around $1200.00. If it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is. Jim.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Back from the dead with the thread, wife ordered one then told me about it. She went to the credit card company to dispute the charge and ended up having to cancel the card and get a new one to get rid of the charge.
    I just saw another scam on facebook, pellet stoves for $59.00 supposedly from Tractor Supply. The ad has pictures of Tractor Supply all over it so it looks legit. The address is tractorsupplysales dot something so you have to look close. If you go to TSC, the real one they have the pellet stoves for around $1200.00. If it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is. Jim.
    I have looked at pellet stoves at TCS....yep, $1200 and up.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    To make these scams even worse, they often send you a small toy or an empty envelope with a tracking number. When you try to dispute the charge with your credit card company, the scammer provides a tracking number that shows a delivery to you, so the credit card company will not reverse the charge

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom