• ...and so much more!
  • MrPeabody

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Hamilton County
    <Tin foil hat on>

Does it seem that there has been a huge inrush of incidents that involve guns?

Kris Kyle shooting.

Alabama hostage situation.

Atlanta school shooting.

Arizona shooting

Chicago shooting – This is allthe time.

Lone Star College shooting.

Alabama school bus shooting

AssistantDA killed in shooting outside North Texas courthouse.

These have just been in the past week. Is it that this stuff is happening anyway, but the drive by is just pointing it out? I try and use Fox News as my gauge,but it seems like even their content has increased…..

<Tin foil hat off>

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    I think they are all just jumping on the bandwagon. Crimes with guns happen multiple times everyday, it is just the hot topic right now. We all have heard, if it bleeds, it leads.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    They definitely are making the news more. I notice the local stations are making big headlines out of shootings that happen across the country, pretty sure they didn't do that before!

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Given the stats, there are thousands of people shot each year, whether due to crimes, suicide, self-defense, police actions, or accidents. Also, there are many times that number of cases where a gun is used to deter a crime without a shot being fired that aren't reported to the public. The media decides which incidents are reported and which aren't and I've come to the conclusion that these decisions are hardly unbiased.

MrPeabody

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Everything listed is what I anticipated to hear, but the little conspiracy theorist in me wondered are some of these plants? Yea, I know…. This is where you guys go, “Is he a wack job???” :laugh:

Seriously, When you read things throughout history as to how things were manipulated by different administrations doesn’t it make you think? Although in my case, maybe I am thinking too much.

outnumbered

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Media driven and we are hyper sensitive to it right now. The best thing we can do is stay calm when others talk about the news reports and try to use them as a teaching moment as to how any new proposed laws would not have prevented the event and that if any current laws were broken to obtain the weapons in question, that we support the prosecution of those individuals.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Selective reporting

We have to bear in mind that the media is not in the business of truthful reporting. They are in the business of selling ink and air time. Combine this with the fact many of them have an agenda to follow and you'll have a clearer picture.

Pleae note, daily shootings in Chicago, DC, & NYC are not as likely to be in the news. Everybody who believes they are not happening, raise your hand.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    With most media, you'll see what they want to push. Well, pretty much all media. It's subject to the hot topic as mentioned above.

As i myself am a member of the much vilified media, yes, whatever the hot topic is will be run with until the next big thing.

A year or so ago there were a ton of earthquakes. Minor earthquakes that did no damage were being reported back then.

Remember when sudden acceleration toyotas were everywhere? Then the oil rig blew up and then nobody cared about toyotas anymore.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Media will talk about any shooting, from anywhere in the country.

What would happen if they did the same thing with car accidents?
    Those just make local news.

Guns make national news.

Why? If you are killed by one device or the other, you are still dead.

Top Bottom