• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gloxrok

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    NC Indiana
    it seems like the knives i edc aren't the ones i'm really excited about. i almost always carry a spyderco paramilitary 2 or protech tr3, but they just don't excite me. i have other knives that i really love, are of similar value, yet they never see the light of day. what gives? anyone else notice this in their edc rotation?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have a (bad) habit of saving my "good" stuff to keep it nice. I'll use ugly but functional every day just to keep from spoiling the stuff I really like. This applies to clothing, tools, towels, bedding, and just about everything. (Yeah, I have issues....)

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    I USED to be like this. I now carry the two nicest folders I own. Figured they don't do any good or serve any purpose just sitting in my drawer at home. Now my Zero Tolerance knives see plenty of EDC and use.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I used to eat the oldest fruit/veggie first so they wouldn't go to waste. Then I realized that if I did that consistently I would never get the thing at peak flavor. The best stuff would sit there getting older while I ate the scuzzier version. One day I would be rich but unsatisfied. There's a parable in here. Now I just buy one of everything instead of twelve. No. That's not it.....It's early....and I know nothing about knives...Hell, I just bought the $5 Harbor Freight machete....YEMV

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Nope. I carry whatever I'm in the mood for. I am not one of those people with safe queens though. I buy all my stuff with the intention of using it. To me the beauty of higher end stuff is the better function. Smoother flipping ect. But most people tell me I'm crazy for this lol

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have an emotional problem with actually using whatever is my favorite knife at the time, especially if I've just done an exceptional job with the sharpening. I know that when I use it I can just hone or sharpen again, but . . . but . . . but . . . what if I can't get it as good the next time??!!

Maybe this is what I always have 10-15 knives on my person!!!

D'OH!

rhino out!

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I carry and use my best stuff. That's why it makes more sense for me to buy a standard SMF instead of a nightmare grind Starlingear, I'd end up using them the same.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I use gear quickly post acquisition and pitch it to the side if it doesn't deliver. If anything, that path sorts out for the pragmatic what does what they need and why, which can quickly be applied when browsing for new blades. The bulk of what passes for 'exciting' is far less so in application.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    For my belt knife I carry a beat up mora knife even though I have a knife my dad made me that looks better and would probably work better in most situations I just cant bring my self to carry it and risk beating it up

Top Bottom