• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billet-boy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Seems to be same conversations in "handgun" "long gun" sections of the forum? About glock vs. xd, which scope for my 10/22? Which 380 for my wife? ect ect?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    So, you going to introduce something new, or just complain about what others choose to talk about?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Those type threads are likely popular because everyone can throw in an opinion without the possibility of being "wrong."

...unless they choose Glock over XD. :D

billet-boy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Im new here, not complaining just noticed this is all. I have also noticed some good reads too about loading, disaster preperation, and anything to do with a site sponsor is a + in my book. Only seems to be that the same things are brought up in those 2 threads? Im a bit behind on some of the abbreviations though, any help would be great. ftf i always thought was "face to face" for a transaction? fte im guessing is fail to eject? Some are no-brainers, some i am still lost on.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    There's not a whole lot new in the world of guns. New things only come once a year, at SHOT Show. So for the rest of the year we just talk about all the old stuff, then for about 3 weeks, the new. But we can't afford the new stuff anyways, so again, it's right back to the old stuff.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I've heard that INGO has a FAQ. <---click here! ;)

(post #7 has a link to acronyms)

Problem is... in order to get to post #7, you've first got to know what the acronym FAQ is. Kind of cruel to tease people like that, isn't it? :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I honestly wish some of the looooong threads would die so new fresh ones can come along. Kind of tired of seeing a page full of threads with 10+ pages from a week back.

The power is in your hands. Just start a new thread.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I honestly wish some of the looooong threads would die so new fresh ones can come along. Kind of tired of seeing a page full of threads with 10+ pages from a week back.

The power is in your hands. Just start a new thread.

QFT.

I'm going to run off and post a new thread with this cool video I found this morning.
    I don't think anyone here has seen in yet.
    It's called "I Like Guns" it's kind of a music video with a guy shooting a bunch of guns.
    It's cool. Let me know what you think. :yesway:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    the trend I see is a lot of re hashing of old topics for a couple weeks after the 1500 because of an influx of newcomers from the show.:twocents:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    It's called "I Like Guns" it's kind of a music video with a guy shooting a bunch of guns.

It's been posted before.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ussie_singer_steve_lee_i_like_guns_video.html

Glocks suck.
    No, XDs suck.
    Anything made after 1911 sucks.
    OC vs. CC
    Mossberg vs. Remington
    Marling vs. Winchester
    Ford vs. Chevy
    Plain vs. Peanut
    What gun should I get?
    What cartridge is best? 9mm vs 40 vs 45 vs 357 mag/sig vs 10mm.
    Where should I buy ammo?
    Who has 380/9/40/45/357/etc in stock?
    Will I save any money reloading?
    What's the best gun for . . . ?
    If you could only have one gun . . .
    Can I carry at/in . . . ?
    INGO has a FAQ?

There's nothing new under the sun.

Last edited:

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    So...sometimes history repeats itself over and over...same questions. I don't mind that. The only threads I don't like ask "What gun should I buy"?...you will get a hundred different answers and just be more confused. It might be better to ask "What shouldn't I buy"? might be more helpful.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Its because people refuse to use the search function to look for the information they are after, and if they do, they only search a phrase or two, and don't come up with anything. We call this "weak search-fu". So they post a new thread. Then everyone yells at them and says, "this has been posted "here" and "here", search you newb." But lets say that someone does find the info they were looking for, and feel the need to post in that thread from 2 months ago...then they hear, "why are you bringing up a post from the dead, we already when over this, you newb."

Its just a vicious cycle, so just ignore it. Post whatever you like, hope the mods are OK with it, and move along.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    But lets say that someone does find the info they were looking for, and feel the need to post in that thread from 2 months ago...then they hear, "why are you bringing up a post from the dead, we already when over this."

I've always supported people necroposting, but only if they have something useful to add. Posting in a 6-month-dead thread to say "Thanks for the info!" serves no purpose. We constantly have new members joining and those threads may be old to us, but they're new to them.

antdog/zook

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    So...sometimes history repeats itself over and over...same questions. I don't mind that. The only threads I don't like ask "What gun should I buy"?...you will get a hundred different answers and just be more confused. It might be better to ask "What shouldn't I buy"? might be more helpful.
    exactly! i wouldnt want someone picking a gun for me, i want what feels good and that i am comfortable shooting.

Top Bottom