• Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I am sure you have all seen these pictures:

picture.php

Really?, the truth is that it was stupid to ban chocolate eggs, little red riding hood and dodge-ball in the first place.
    Lets compound stupidity with more stupidity !

I think they are right to demand action...action to make these things legal in schools again!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    MY question:
    Are they "photoshopped" into the school setting, or were those pictures taken at an actual school?

If the latter, where are the felony charges?

Another note:
    Dodgeball is not illegal anywhere to my knowledge. It is against school policy at SOME schools. It is illegal for the average citizen to have a gun in EVERY school already.

The ban on Kinder Eggs is/was idiotic. They are/were sold pretty much everywhere worldwide BUT here. Somehow, though, kids in the US are too stupid to play with the toy rather than eat it.

Pretty sure the schools around here still have Lil' Red on the shelves. I KNOW the public library does. Hardly "banned".

Just an illustration on how completely disconnected these folks are.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    The premise being that the Fed did the right thing to trash Little Red Riding Hood in the name of the kids, then why not trash the U. S. Constitution in the name of the kids while their at it? A severely flawed premise to start with. After dismantling all precious freedoms in the name of kids, what's left for future generations of kids? Slavery? Way to go Moms.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I saw those and I was a bit confused. Didn't know those things were ever banned and why.

In school, I was the Double German Dodgeball Master. :rockwoot:

AlwaysVigilant

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2013
    Michigan, by way of Indianapolis
    They are disingenuous in many respects. The most obvious is quite simple. None of the "banned" items they use as examples are banned everywhere. They are only banned in certain schools...AR's are banned in all of them to my knowledge, and you must be of age to purchase them.

Argument over before it even started.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    posters

My sister has been posting these on facebook since she is so pro-gun control. the only comment I have made is that the kids should keep their finger off the trigger. I don't know who she is trying to convince with these stupid pictures, but she is just making herself look like a sheep.

Jason

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    They screwed the captions up. They should read: "You let us ban _____ in the name of the children, now we're coming after your guns."

Truth in advertising.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My sister has been posting these on facebook since she is so pro-gun control. the only comment I have made is that the kids should keep their finger off the trigger. I don't know who she is trying to convince with these stupid pictures, but she is just making herself look like a sheep.

Jason

Maybe you should add that the other stuff are only illegal at school, or certain schools.
    Gun are illegal at schools (mostly). How well did that work out:?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The true message of these adverts: It's the emotions they evoke, Damnit! You're supposed to throw out logic, precedent, history, and common sense and MAKE US FEEL BETTER! We don't care about all that archaic "rights" crap; we want universal safety and good feelings and we can't have it while you exercise your so-called "rights" that we disagree with.

Top Bottom