• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Its perfectly legal, and the police wont get involved because it's a civil matter. He can bust all the windows out of the house if he so chooses. That's the problem with being married, your stuff is her/his stuff.

Yeah but not totally. If he bought the car through his company - its a corporate asset and she couldn't get away with bustin' it up.

Still - this case- nothin' more to see here. Bill them for the sweepin'

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    It would be a big red flag to me and if I saw anything like it happening again I wouldn't hesitate to call the police.

Careful with that. That sometimes ends worse than if you just things run their course,,,like dead!!! In Indy there have been a few husbands who got tazed and died because someone decided to call the cops on a domestic.

Jack Ryan and Serpico had the right idea - as long as its windows and yelling let it be. I cant do any more of that rep stuff for today. Hope I remember to light them up tomorrow.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I agree with the myob thoughts.

My neighbors can smash as much glass and metal as they can dare. I've come to expect it.

Just keep it of my lawn (I don't want it to clash with my beer cans and such I throw out there). Yeehaw.

jdgatliff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    I helped my wife move out one time several years ago by throwing our TV and a lot of other things she wanted into the bed of the truck. She wanted to be a B**** and I wanted to relieve some stress.:D It worked great until the deputy showed up. He chuckled when I told him I was relieving anger and made me stand beside him while she finished getting her things. They left when she did nothing they could do.:rockwoot:

I should also say that was a 1 time thing and never happened before or after that, she just really pissed me off that night. Since the OP doesn't know exactly what happened I wouldn't be to trigger happy if her husband shows back up, unless there's a res order. Getting involved with out her being in danger could get you in trouble especially if her husband is packing also. Just sayn:twocents:

TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side
    My parents did the same thing.

(Wisconsin)

I'm sitting in the living room while this is happening (daily thing, so it didn't bother me any at this point). My dad was high on drugs, and took my mom's van on a deal after she told him not to drive it, so she called the police. They told her that they couldn't do anything because of marital property. Her response was "So his jeep outside...?"

The police told her that it was her jeep. She grabbed a rather large cutting knife and proceeded out the door. I, at this point, couldn't hear the conversation, and seeing my mom walk out the front door with a giant knife in her hand was a little freaky, so I stayed where I was. She came back inside about a minute later with the phone and knife in hand, and her only comment was "Well, that was easier than I thought it would be."

I turned around, and my dad's brand new Cherokee had four flat tires, and I seen two holes in the dash panel where the air bags were.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    About 25 years ago I had a job working as an automotive electrical technician, and was out in front of the shop one day sweeping up. This guy drove up in a blue B210, and said "can I borrow your hammer for a minute?" He pointed at the 2 lb sledge I had hanging off the side of my tool cabinet. He continued "I'm not going anywhere, I'm going to use it right here." I said "sure, go ahead" since it was mine and not the shop's.

He proceeded to beat the hell out of his car. He broke the windows, bashed the mirrors, windshield, hood, doors, you name it he bashed it. After about 2 minutes, while we (a few other employees came out while this was going on) just stood there and watched in amazement, he handed it back to me and said "thanks." Then he got in the car and drove away.

None of us ever figured out WTF that was about. But it was entertaining.

Last edited:

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    About 25 years ago I had a job working as an automotive electrical technician, and was out in front of the shop one day sweeping up. This guy drove up in a blue B210, and said "can I borrow your hammer for a minute?" He pointed at the 2 lb sledge I had hanging off the side of my tool cabinet. He continued "I'm not going anywhere, I'm going to use it right here." I said "sure, go ahead" since it was mine and not the shop's.

He proceeded to beat the hell out of his car. He broke the windows, bashed the mirrors, windshield, hood, doors, you name it he bashed it. After about 2 minutes, while we (a few other employees came out while this was going on) just stood there and watched in amazement, he handed it back to me and said "thanks." Then he got in the car and drove away.

None of us ever figured out WTF that was about. But it was entertaining.

Actually seen people do this to vehicles and homes they were about to lose to the bank. What they don't realize is that they are liable for the damage, it's in the fine print most people don't read.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    May be he violated a noise ordinance while they were yelling at each other? May be they could check his drivers license or he's late on a payment of some kind. The least the gestapo could do is send officer hightower out there to interrogate and investigate until he finds SOME kind of reason to arrest, prosecute and confine.

Seriously, no one on the board likes nit picking busy bodies noseing in THEIR business when it comes to carrrying an MPF in the city market but then they want to all the gestapo and report their neighbor for the AUTHORITY to come out and what? Over busting up his own stuff? Because there's a little glass in the street?

This pretty much sums it up.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    May be he violated a noise ordinance while they were yelling at each other? May be they could check his drivers license or he's late on a payment of some kind. The least the gestapo could do is send officer hightower out there to interrogate and investigate until he finds SOME kind of reason to arrest, prosecute and confine.

Seriously, no one on the board likes nit picking busy bodies noseing in THEIR business when it comes to carrrying an MPF in the city market but then they want to all the gestapo and report their neighbor for the AUTHORITY to come out and what? Over busting up his own stuff? Because there's a little glass in the street?

Take a gander at the highway some time as you drive, it's a constant stream of glass. Every street more than a year old has broken glass all over it.:dunno:

I think MYOB fits here.

^^^ THIS ^^^

JJenn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Meh...
    None of my business, gonna leave it alone.

As far as the sammich, It was #8 Billy Club: Roast beef, ham, provolone, Dijon mustard, lettuce, tomato, & mayo with a little Tactical Bacon added when I got home! Mmmmmmm!!!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Guy sounds like a real "richard" to me, if he's creating a disturbance or endangering others I would think that leo would respond. I'm currently feeling too lazy to read the last two pages of responses so probably just repeated what has already been stated. But definitely a "richard".

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Guy sounds like a real "richard" to me, if he's creating a disturbance or endangering others I would think that leo would respond. I'm currently feeling too lazy to read the last two pages of responses so probably just repeated what has already been stated. But definitely a "richard".

You don't really know that or what happened other than some windows were broken.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    There are some states that have a law called domestic vandalism. I don't know if In. does. I know for a fact that Tn. does. You can be arrested for breaking things that belong to the both of you in a domestic dispute. Here is a link where someone in Ca. is talking about their charge.
    Can I be convicted of domestic vandalism? - Avvo.com

I wonder .. do those same states also make it illegal for the woman to go on a shopping spree with jointly owned credit cards or make it unlawful to empty out a joint bank account prior to filing for a divorce?

smokestack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Lafayette
    I got a call from my neighbor saying my wife went nuts and beat my enclosed trailer to death. Cops came hauled her off for a psych watch but said they couldnt charge her with anything because it was joint property. I told them I wanted to drag her stuff into the back yard and light it on fire. They said I couldn't without getting a ticket for starting a fire inside the city limits, but if I wanted to burn it out in the county feel free to. True story. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom