• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I own several CZs. Have never heard them referred to as "commie guns". I've heard that term for AKs and Mosins, because they came from behind the iron curtain. No purple was intended (or necessary) - I think it's important to recognize that these countries are no longer under the Soviet thumb.

Technically, there is no "Soviet" these days either...

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I have a whole bunch of CZ guns but I have never had an occasion to call their customer service. They just work.

Actually now that I think about it there was a little delay in getting a 452 Grande Finale from Whittakers but not bad. Nothing even close to the year long wait for a Tikka T1x.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I had an issue with my early production P10C after about 3k rounds and CZ was great to deal with.

I think CZ marks guns on their website as available when they are released to production. The P10S is an example of one that was ‘Available’ in Nov 2018 but didn’t become commonly available until the summer of 2019. I’m not a fan of that practice but I would not fault their customer service for not knowing when shipments would make their way to distributors.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I own several CZs. Have never heard them referred to as "commie guns". I've heard that term for AKs and Mosins, because they came from behind the iron curtain. No purple was intended (or necessary) - I think it's important to recognize that these countries are no longer under the Soviet thumb.

My 1986 CZ75 & CZ82 along with my 1970 Cz70, 1964 CZ50 ,and 1954 CZ52 were all made in communist Czechoslovakia.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I'm not sure that many companies would past the customer service test if the ability to satisfy instant gratification was the standard by which they were judged. Sometimes I also wonder how many threads would even exist if people were capable of even a modest amount of patience?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I have a bunch of CZ 82 pistols and Makarov pistols and have always called them commie guns even though some of the later CZ 82 pistols were made in the no-longer communist Czech Republic.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just to be clear...this was ordered by someone else. Are they obligated to answer you on this as the order is under another name..
    Just curious. And often times when you are dealing with one of the Commie company's there is not a lot of info in the loop.

Something about that phrase just piqued my interest, as I like to vacation behind the (now gone) Iron Curtain.

I know Porsche has a program where you can fly to Germany, drive your car off the line and on to the Autobahn... You think CZ has that option?

Uhersky Brod looks lovely...

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Something about that phrase just piqued my interest, as I like to vacation behind the (now gone) Iron Curtain.

I know Porsche has a program where you can fly to Germany, drive your car off the line and on to the Autobahn... You think CZ has that option?

Uhersky Brod looks lovely...

Yes, I went to the Porsche plant and museum there. You can go through the plant tour and watch your future car being built. They also have a virtual tour of the museum online.
    https://www.porsche.com/all/transit.../Tour_Porsche_high_res/Museumstour_hr_en.html

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Same here, I was just looking. Spent the whole day going through their museum and watching the videos.
    (I meant to spend half the day at the Mercedes museum but it was a Monday and they are closed on Mondays - poor planning)

You're clearly not German. Germans go so far as to have a schedule for when they eat each morsel on their plate and in what order.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    So just an OP update. I did get an email back from a customer service rep that actually gave me a little insight. Good now

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Well I finally got an email from them that said the guns were starting to ship out that week and that they were filling pre orders first and there would be a shortage to start. I guess that was really all I needed to hear, I think they might have been blowing a little smoke since I still can't find one for sale anywhere on the net but... Whatever I basically ordered all my adds and mags so now I am just waiting happily for the gun itself.

Top Bottom