• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    We the recent shootings. (The mall, school, and alittle back aurora) Is it over for the 2A? Can the NRA even do anything about it anymore?

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    These cases should raise a chorus of voices demanding the capacity of others to defend our children. Not by limiting our own abilities to defend ourselves. It ain't over.

Last edited:

beeeman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Sorry, I'm just grumpy today. Sick to my stomach that someone would do this. Have a 2 year old and 4 year old.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    there is always going to be the arguement that it wasn't the guns fault it shot the people. if anyting like stated in many of the other posts today if they would ban the "no gun zones" this kind of stuff may not have happened. i don't think the NRA will change too much. they have always had haters, but just as many people supporting.. i'll continue to support. what about you? (that may be the better question to ask)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    With conceal carry in Illinois soon to be a reality I think the 2A is doing better than ever in this country.
    We will soon be able to carry in all 50 states, now let's just get rid of those dangerous "gun free zones" ...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Illinois will not recognize any other states permit/license :twocents:

At least the people of Illinois will have the right to defend themselves outside their home.
    That's still a big improvement.
    Maybe one day we will have constitutional carry in all 50 states.We can only hope ... :dunno:

That's of course if today's youth, like Mosin, doesn't think everything is over anytime we have shooting like that. :rolleyes:

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Many people on all government levels are going to push for more gun control now. The people who are against guns are not properly educated on guns or were involved in some horrific incident that involved a gun. I have seen some of these politicans on the news and in public. These people are hellbent on taking all of our guns away because they truely believe that massacres like the one that happened today will stop together. The fact of the matter is that they won't.
    I sometimes wonder if we exhibit the same drive to keep our guns from being taken away from us. Unless we really pull together by joining organizations, be law abiding citizens, educate people properly about firearms or tell them where they can get education about them, and do more on the local government scale to protect our rights I ponder that one day the laws of Califorinia and New York will be set the stage for new federal legislation.

Exo594

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    I'm only 18, but my cousins are much older (my mom was the baby). I've been freaking out about this all day, but now I'm thinking about them. One of my cousins runs a daycare center, her husband has a shotgun, but I'm not sure if she knows how to use it. I can't stop thinking about this.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    After perusing my Facebook and reading how BHO showed real leadership in his comments on the tragedy, 'if I had a son...'. Whoops, wrong tragedy.

How many times has BHO taken to the tube, tears in his glazzies, to mourn the death of little kiddies killed as collateral damage in the Middle East. Where he was the one who pulled the trigger? This public display of emotion is repulsive. We don't need a mourner-in-chief. Mourning is a private act, for the families.

Neither do we need BHO and Bloomie thumping the gun control tub some more.

This whole thing is a gigantic circus... If it were really about the safety of the public, ALL options would be in the mix, not just 'gun control'.

Top Bottom