Is it possible that the NFL may not exist 30 years from now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I don't care one way or the other. We will face much greater problems before we get anywhere near 30 years down the road. NFL, NBA, MLB, they can all rot in hell before I give a rats ass.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    You could only hope! Way over paid cry babies/felons.

I know first hand that is false. Lots of great guys doing the job they are paid and live a respectable life. As far as "overpaid", well they are paid what the market bares. Fans are willing to give the NFL their money and the NFL can afford to pay the big salaries.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    If the government would do the right thing and kick pro sports off the welfare teat, who knows what could happen.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    For those of us older fans, it doesn't exist now!

I see your point, and understand that passing records and such are no longer comparable to the "old days" due to the way that teams could play defense back then. The "defenseless receiver rule" has really opened up the middle of the field for offenses. But the worry is that a major class action lawsuit may force the NFL to change the rules to the point that the game becomes unwatchable and self-destructs. We could compare the rules for a concussion and how quickly a player is allowed to return to the amount of time that a MMA fighter gets knocked out and must sit and recover

If the government would do the right thing and kick pro sports off the welfare teat, who knows what could happen.

They won't do this. I don't like it either, but the fact is that cities want pro sports teams in town, especially NFL teams. If Indianapolis wants to end corporate welfare to the Colts, then other cities such as Los Angeles, San Antonio, Columbus, etc. will give them corporate welfare.

I know first hand that is false. Lots of great guys doing the job they are paid and live a respectable life. As far as "overpaid", well they are paid what the market bares. Fans are willing to give the NFL their money and the NFL can afford to pay the big salaries.

+1 I wish people would understand that. As "overpaid" as Tom Brady is, If the Patriots decided they no longer wanted to pay Brady, then there will be a number of teams that will pay him just as much as the Pats, if not more, because they believe he can win them games, and bring in even more money to the franchise than what they are being paid.

Top Bottom