Is it Time to Fly the U.S. Flag upside down as a sign of "Dire Distress"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Not a very sound strategy in my view.

Actually not a bad idea. We use their resources up while keeping ours in abundance. Kinda like with the whole oil thing. We have trillions of gallons, but we buy from other Countries. :dunno: Use up theirs and hold on to ours. Not a bad plan if you ask me.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Actually not a bad idea. We use their resources up while keeping ours in abundance. Kinda like with the whole oil thing. We have trillions of gallons, but we buy from other Countries. :dunno: Use up theirs and hold on to ours. Not a bad plan if you ask me.

We lose the skilled workforce. You don't just build factories overnight, make them run and keep them running with new untrained people.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head

It is a DUMB idea as FN had to build a factory in the US to meet the requirements for the military. Yes it is good that they brought some jobs here but how many could Colt, S&W, or another AMERICAN company employ if the military bought american? Instead of having american owned factories in the United States producing our military equipment we have a foreign owned group doing it. How can anybody make that seem like a good idea? Also, with Airbus getting in on the Air Force tankers you lose jobs from the Boeing plant here in the United States. It is OUR tax dollars that they are wanting to spend on foreign equipment instead of keeping americans in their jobs here.

Top Bottom