• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Worth is a matter of how you perceive it. Return on investment????
    Giving big brother an open door invite???
    Being able to run that gun with no hearing protection??
    Dabbling in something new???

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Don't spend your rent money on it; feeding your family comes first. But if you've got the fun money set aside and have a year to wait for the paperwork, then yes it's worth it.

SixSigmaLarry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   1
    Jan 3, 2010
    NE Indiana
    I think that they are a great addition to any collection. That said, I wouldn't sell off my firearms for one. I would save up and then get one.

I love mine, by the way!

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Depends on your expectations. If you're expecting Hollywood quiet out of your 5.56 AR, then you'll probably be sorely dissapointed.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    What suppressor are you thinking about getting for your first? Most start with a .22 suppressor for there first. Have you ever had the opportunity to shoot a suppressed firearm?

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Best advice is to shoot some first. That'll give you a better idea what you'll be getting as an end result.

Worth it? Well, I sold about 40 guns to get my AC556. I miss many of the guns I sold to get it, but it's worth a good bit more than I paid for it, and it's so much fun to shoot! A suppressor will be a lifetime purchase, because you'll lose your butt if you try and sell it. Not sure on resale of SBR's. If they can be easily converted back to non-NFA status, like an AR, then you'll only be out the $200 for your tax stamp.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 13, 2013
    South Side Indy
    What suppressor are you thinking about getting for your first? Most start with a .22 suppressor for there first. Have you ever had the opportunity to shoot a suppressed firearm?
    I was thinking about my bushy .556, I shot a suppressed AR and it was pretty cool, not whisper quite but quiet enough, eventually I would like to slap a 10.5 in
    300 blackout upper on my noveski lower, but that'll be awhile.
    I did also get to hear a suppressed 10/22 with subsonic ammo and it was very very quite but I just don't know about sinking that much $$ into a .22

Top Bottom