• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    They make great products and I have built a number of rifles with their parts for myself and buddies. My current is a 14.7 pinned midlength with light weight hammer forged barrel.
    Buy with confidence.

ErickW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    I would have to agree as well, earlier today they had in stock American Eagle .223 tipped varmint for 16.99 a box. I threw 10 in my cart and proceeded to checkout. Then it hit me, am I really going to pay this much? Needless to say I just decided not to, not going to contribute to the panic and gouging. That ammo can be had for $9-11 most of the time. Granted it was in stock, but my common sense got the best of me.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    PSA has done an amazing job in the past of doing everything that it can to arm Americans with quality products at very reasonable prices. Up until the other day they still had brand new G17's for $550 which isn't a great deal, but in this day and age it was an outstanding deal. PSA does a lot in house, but the parts they have to buy will fluctuate with what they can buy them for. They are at the mercy of the marketplace just like anyone else. They buy FN barrels and if their price goes up, so does PSA's without there being anything they could have done to have stopped it. I don't think they're taking advantage of the situation and the other day they had AR mags for under $20 a piece. Try finding them in stock anywhere online right now at that price point.

While I'll agree that prices are going up, PSA has done a lot to push the prices of quality AR-15's down quite a bit with all their daily deals and weekend specials. They've got a long history of giving customers amazing deals on fine guns so I wouldn't be too quick to judge them when you see an over priced upper on their website. It's still probably twice the gun and half the price of what you'll see on gunbroker.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Considering that their business may be merely months away from losing its ability to conduct as usual (if bans are put in place)... I honestly can't blame them.

breas1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Indy
    I wouldnt say they are gouging. I've seen a lot of companies doing worse. I love the gun I built and for what I have in it its a steal.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Yes, they're gouging. They should sell their products for less only to watch them sell on gunbroker for more. They should donate their profit to someone else rather than sell for the market price.

Price gouging is a myth.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    There is a misconception commonly held that prices should necessarily be based on cost. That's only true in extreme buyers' markets. Most prices are market driven, not cost driven. Even cost driven prices are market driven, just on one extreme of the spectrum.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Well, R-Guns and Del-Ton have not raised their prices on complete uppers or kits. R-Guns is in stock with 2 week shipping time, but DTI is still sold out on. J&T distributers have raised their prices on most kits by around $50, which isn't too bad considering what most suppliers are doing. I think each of us can decide on our own what we consider price gouging and wether or not to deal with said supplier again.

Last edited:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    There is a misconception commonly held that prices should necessarily be based on cost. That's only true in extreme buyers' markets. Most prices are market driven, not cost driven. Even cost driven prices are market driven, just on one extreme of the spectrum.
    \

Exactly.

If I list my mossberg 500 on the classifieds for $1,000, am I price gouging?

Clay319

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Boone County
    PSA has been a great company to work with. Shipping is pretty good even right now. I'm waiting on LPk right now but it has only been two weeks. Sure their prices have gone up but it is just what the market will bear. Can't blame a business for making money. I doubt they are in it for fun.

Top Bottom