• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    PSA has been a great company to work with. Shipping is pretty good even right now. I'm waiting on LPk right now but it has only been two weeks.

Today is 3 weeks (15 business days) since I ordered a lower build kit.

That's what PSA has said all along it would take to ship.

I hope it does go out today...I've got a complete upper and stripped lower just waiting to become a functional rifle...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Today is 3 weeks (15 business days) since I ordered a lower build kit.

That's what PSA has said all along it would take to ship.

I hope it does go out today...I've got a complete upper and stripped lower just waiting to become a functional rifle...
    I'm 16 business days in on a lower build kit.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Please explain how PSA, or any retailer for that matter, can possibly "gouge" anyone? At what point in the relationship between buyer and seller does the "gouging" occur? Is it at the point where you agree to their price and provide your money? Did they force you to buy it?

Please explain this gouging thing a little more clearly.

lester

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    There is no such thing as gouging. If a price is higher than you are willing to pay, then you don't pay it. That means someone else will have the chance to buy it. If they do buy it, then it was listed at a price they were willing to pay. What this invisible mechanism does, is allow scarce resources go where they are most valued.

If prices are artificially low, then consumers who don't have the greatest need will buy more even if they don't really need it, leaving none for those who have the greatest need who are willing to pay more to get it. When resources are under-priced, there is none to be had for those who really need it because others took advantage the low prices to get more. Higher prices as goods become more scarce ensures the resource goes to the person who most needs/values it.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    \

Exactly.

If I list my mossberg 500 on the classifieds for $1,000, am I price gouging?

No, that's not gouging because people can find one for cheaper. It's only gouging if they really, really want it but they can't get it, and then they or someone else agrees to pay your asking price. THEN it's gouging.

If you follow the logic, the real price gougers are the guys who own stuff but won't sell it. Isn't that the ultimate price gouge? To say your stuff is priceless?

Top Bottom