• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    This SAFARI ARMS ENFORCER, has a blue slide with what look like a lion standing up & the name ENFORCER on it, it has a full length guide rod, also it has big adjustable rear sights. It's a bull-barrel with no bushing, & the barrel has 45 ACP NM on it. The receiver is STAINLESS STEEL and it has SAFARI ARMS OLY, WA. U.S.A. S702X Square trigger guard with finger divider on grip, also grip has some checkering, extended slide release, extended frame safety, beaver tail, three holes trigger with 3.5 pound pull.

Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    Melensdad

whether you agree with my interpretation of your words referencing a glock on a 1911 post or not you have attacked my intelligence and safety... try making a 1911 drop a hammer off of half-cock!!! wont happen and if it does most likely will not discharge as the hammer doesnt have enough inertia to overcome firing pin spring pressure... btw the definition of inertia is (mass in motion)... and you did compare a glock system which is a unique operating trigger group to a single action syatem trigger group which isnt even close!!!!!!btw i will not attack your intelligence!!!! thanks !!tim....

Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    melensdad

just in case you forgot what you posted?????
    Fixed it for you. :rockwoot:

Now that it is fixed I have some questions/observations:

Not sure why you comment on "spurless" hammers as any 1911 should be carried with the hammer back. Some even advocate carrying hammer back and safety off* (remember on many 1911 models there are 2 additional safeties that are still engaged so hammer back, safety off would be little different than carrying a Glock)

I'm ALSO questioning why you have used the " :( " a couple times. A SAO 1911 is a very safe gun, its designed to be used in such a way that is different from some other guns but that doesn't make it less safe.

Seems to me you unload a Glock the same way you unload a 1911. Drop the magazine, rack the slide to eject. What is different? Both are cocked. Both have internal safeties*. Both have external safeties.

the only external safety on a glock is the trigger safety... and the gun is not cocked even with the chamber full...comparing apples to oranges to me is an amatuer mistake... compare a 1911 to an xd w/o a safety then that is different... and if you think half cock is gonna catch a slipped hammer vs hammer on half cock dropped??? come on??? back to the whole inertia debate... what is the point of the half cock notch on a 1911 since it is only to be carried in cocked and locked or chamber empty hammer down... the half cock notch serves no purpose!!!! gun is only designed for 2 carry purposes!!! i would recommend you familiarize yourself with JMB designs a little more before you spout a little more internet knowledge!!!!!

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    whether you agree with my interpretation of your words referencing a glock on a 1911 post or not you have attacked my intelligence and safety... try making a 1911 drop a hammer off of half-cock!!! wont happen and if it does most likely will not discharge as the hammer doesnt have enough inertia to overcome firing pin spring pressure... btw the definition of inertia is (mass in motion)... and you did compare a glock system which is a unique operating trigger group to a single action syatem trigger group which isnt even close!!!!!!btw i will not attack your intelligence!!!! thanks !!tim....

Dude, chill out, the only way he compared it to a glock was the safety aspect. A 1911 with the thumb safety OFF still has a safety that you automatically disengage when you grip the gun to fire it. Similarly a glock has a safety that you automatically disengage when you prepare to fire it. I suppose he could have said an XD, since they operate ALMOST the same way as a glock, but have a grip safety. He was not comparing the weight or function of the trigger pull of the two guns, he was comparing the safety features. Theoretically neither gun will fire until the operator disengages the safety (whether it be on the trigger or on the bevertail) and pulls the trigger.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    the only external safety on a glock is the trigger safety...

Yes, thank you for agreeing with me regarding the Glock's external safety.

Glad you finally saw the light.

As to the rest of your rambling post: :n00b: :laugh: :n00b:

Dude, chill out, the only way he compared it to a glock was the safety aspect. A 1911 with the thumb safety OFF still has a safety that you automatically disengage when you grip the gun to fire it...
    No need to defend my by using logic, truth and reason. If he couldn't be bothered to read and comprehend the entire post then it probably won't understand what you wrote either.

I been doing some research on these SAFARI ARMS, look to be a well made gun
    Yes they are. And your enforcer borrows heavily on the technology and patents developed by Sid Woodcock, the inventor of the Detonics CombatMaster Pistols. While Detonics CombatMasters were the first successful production compact pistols, the Enforcer was one of the early clones that actually got the engineering correct. Many compact guns that followed the CombatMaster were unreliable but the Enforcer is known as being a very reliable compact 1911 design, largely due to the fact that they used a barrel about a 1/4" longer than many of the other brands that copied Sid Woodcock's designs, which got the slide timing and lock up to improve reliability. The Enforcer may not be the most compact of the compact 1911 pistols, but its a heck of a well built gun.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom