• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Sovereign silver coins are #1 to me in terms of stacking. IMHO, tier 1 are Eagles & Maple Leafs, tier 2 include Britannias, Philharmonics and Krugerrands. Tier 3 would be Other such as Somali coins, Bank of the Carribean, etc.

I like the Krugerrands a lot but their premiums are high compared to how I think they rank. They are sometimes more expensive than Maples and almost always more than the other tier 2 coins.

I generally price compare within the tiers and buy the cheapest. I have a few Krugs but far mor Phills. I like the Austrian coin and it is well known.
    Thanks snork, you are the man!

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Sovereign silver coins are #1 to me in terms of stacking. IMHO, tier 1 are Eagles & Maple Leafs, tier 2 include Britannias, Philharmonics and Krugerrands. Tier 3 would be Other such as Somali coins, Bank of the Carribean, etc.

I like the Krugerrands a lot but their premiums are high compared to how I think they rank. They are sometimes more expensive than Maples and almost always more than the other tier 2 coins.

I generally price compare within the tiers and buy the cheapest. I have a few Krugs but far mor Phills. I like the Austrian coin and it is well known.
    Eagles rather Sil. or Gold are the only way to hold physical metals in a per oz. 1/2, 1/4, 1/10, oz. in gold. quantity, I’ve said this since day one in this thread.

But, I’m a fng, what could I know.

And I “DO” concur with Mr. @snorko , but that’s just my opinion. I don’t hold any other coins except Eagles. My bullion all comes from Indiana owned and operated Silvertown in Winchester Indiana. And as far as I know they haven’t been hacked or held hostage yet.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've never really got into the coin collecting side of putting away precious metals. Personally, most of what I have is just silver bullion in 1oz increments of whatever the best deal is that day. Other than regular bullion, I do like US Silver Eagles just because they're popular for some reason. I have a set for each kid for every year they've been alive.

Should people put away more "coins" than bullion?

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I've never really got into the coin collecting side of putting away precious metals. Personally, most of what I have is just silver bullion in 1oz increments of whatever the best deal is that day. Other than regular bullion, I do like US Silver Eagles just because they're popular for some reason. I have a set for each kid for every year they've been alive.

Their is a very big difference between coins and coin collecting (numismatics). Eagles are not necessarily numies, some are. But Eagles are top o the line due to their reliability and purity as well as their confidence in the world market. Again JMO, ….Well me and a jillion other stackers.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Partly depends on your objective.
    Are you saving for eventual sale in our current economy? Sovereign coins have a higher premium but also get one when you sell. Occasionally you can get a deal on Phils or others where the premium is so low it's almost generic territory.

Are these for SHTF? IMHO premiums will be unimportant. Marked content and recognition will be more important. Junk works well here for those who don't know much about stacking and may not know a Phil from a Krug, and that goes for generic as well.

Reactions: Mij

SmolderOutdoors

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Westfield
    After not buying for a bit I jumped on whatnot tonight and sniped a few auction deals on some sovereign silver. In the end I finished with a little over 5oz at 22.29 an ounce average shipped. 8x 90% walker halves, 2x 90% Kennedy halves, and a 1.5 oz maple.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans

Coin collecting and holding physical are two completely different animals.

Iv’e got a whole book of stamps.

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I hold onto the hardest asset.
    Bitcoin is the hardest asset on the planet.
    How much gold is there in the world?
    How much silver is there?
    What happens when gold and silver increase in value? More is mined.
    How many bitcoins is there?
    What happens when the value of bitcoin goes up?
    Can more bitcoin be mined?
    Bitcoin is the first asset in history that when the price goes up more can not be made.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I hold onto the hardest asset.
    Bitcoin is the hardest asset on the planet.
    How much gold is there in the world?
    How much silver is there?
    What happens when gold and silver increase in value? More is mined.
    How many bitcoins is there?
    What happens when the value of bitcoin goes up?
    Can more bitcoin be mined?
    Bitcoin is the first asset in history that when the price goes up more can not be made.

Who is the creator of Bitcoin?

Top Bottom