• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    I personally like the G19 over the others I am issued and have owned. I have carried the Glock 22 as a duty handgun daily for over 15 years and it is a great gun. I liked the G23 too and then was issued a Glock 42. It is ok, but nothing to write home to mom about.

Then the wife complained that she didn't like the recoil and "snapiness" on the .40 cals. So, I bought a Gen 4 G19 for her. Now I end up carrying it more off duty than any of the issued stuff. I like 1911s too, but for my carry I will stick with the G19.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    If I had to clean out my safes and keep only one handgun it would be my 19 gen 4. It's a perfect size. I can carry it on my ankle in a Galco "Ankle Glove" and forget it's there. I can carry with the standard 15 round mag on my belt tight to my body and it's hard to see under a loose shirt or sweater. I can open carry with a 17 round mag with spacer sleeve and have the capacity of a G17. And the amazing thing is that it's my most accurate piece. It shoots tighter groups, right above the front sight than any other pistol I have. I'm a big fan of the .40S&W but, again, if I could just have one it would be the 19-4.

Hoosier9364

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Henry Co
    Like posted above, it is all in what you feel comfortable with and spend the most time training with. Seems like the 19 fits most hands and the 9mm is the most common round. It is the Toyota Camry of handguns. Not the best or worse gun in the world but is the standard. Makes sense.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Yes i believe it is! and very much the Generation 3 ...while i believe most of the issues with the 4's have been straighten out there still not quite the gun the gen 3 was

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    There's a perfect Glock?

I do agree with those advocating the Sig P320 (and its older brother the double-action P250). Their modular nature allows custom-fitting, stippling, even removing the rail if you're so inclined, since grip modules are $45... Hack away :) They're such a joy to maintain, too. Pop the fire control group out and hose it down with solvent... so easy! Plus you can use one FCG for any size/caliber you care to convert to--it literally takes seconds to swap.

The Sig modular design is genius, and beats common plastic-framed striker-fired guns nine ways to Sunday in some very cool and innovative ways.

Edit: they're full ambi, too.

Last edited:

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Why be happy with buying just ONE Glock 19? God gave you TWO hands....fill 'em up!!!!:draw: On a more serious note: buy a Glock 19, or 23... Sig P229's are nice in 9mm or 40 S&W. I also believe in wheel guns: Ruger SP101 or a GP100, will eat .357 MAGNUMs till your hands go numb, or will shoot 38 Specials till the cows come home. The fact of the matter is to become a gun lover and collector!!!! **** a liberal off and start a collection!!!! Just make sure the ones that aren't being carried or in the nightstand, are locked up in a nice big 'ole fireproof safe!

Top Bottom