• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Before I moved to north central Indiana, used to shoot with half a dozen guys from Valparaiso. None of us had a .22 so the least expensive thing we would shoot was 9mm. Moved to Thorntown not long ago and don't have any place to shoot or anybody to shoot with. So only get to a range when I'm up north or down south where my parents live. I shoot 6 calibers but nothing as far as a .22 goes.

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    Gotta love a .22!! Noticed some of you posted about also owning .22 handguns. Maybe we can do those in the handgun forum.....Also, how about some pics of these rifles?...Thanks, guys....John

bikeman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Bloomington
    Here's my current inventory
    2 - 10/22s
    Ruger Charger
    Remington 597
    Browning 22 auto
    Thompson Classic
    CZ 452 America LH
    CZ 452 Lux LH
    Marlin 39 Golden Mountie

I think that's it.

Booshie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Any .22 rifle is a heck of a lot of fun to shoot.

My father started me out on his Marlin model 60 when I was 12 years old. That same rifle is now in my safe, and I shoot it often.

You can't beat the price of .22 ammo. $20 and you can shoot all day.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Of all the shooting I do, I still enjoy shooting my .22 rifles the most. Can't quite get rid of the kid in me, just damn fun stuff right there.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    You know that small mammals keep their children in line by telling them scary stories about the 22.

The 22s I've owned have been responsible for a small mammal holocaust.

It's got to be an absolute certainty that 22s have killed more animals than any ten other calibers.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    * Winchester 52B, converted to sporter w/ Bishop stock
    * Remington 541-S.....95% (very accurate)
    * Ruger 10/22 custom 'black' rifle build
    * Browning FN BL-22 Grade II
    * Remington 40X custom target rifle, built by Bill Calfee of Borden, IN
    * and a handfull of Colt Commemorative 'Frontier Scout' revolvers
    ....(all but one, unfired; pics in my INGO gallery)

I come by my love of .22's honestly.....as my late Dad was probably the most fanatic .22 collector and squirrel hunter..... and he was also a two-time World Champion rimfire benchrest shooter.

skreuzman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    My .22s are definitely my go to gun when I feel like shooting. Like everyone else said they are so dang cheap and fun. I have owned many over the years and currently have 3. First is my Remington Viper with black composite stock and 3x9x40 Tasco. I have shot every brand of bullet through it and it shoots them all flawlessly. Second is my Smith & Wesson model 22A handgun. Very accurate at longer distances and rarely ever misfires or jams. It is as reliable as a semi-auto handgun can be! Last is a Rossi youth model single shot. This is the ultimate gun to carry through the woods (like coon hunting). It weighs next to nothing and you can easily forget that its strapped to your back. Also has Tru-Glo sights for low light situations. I have had many others over the years including Marlin & Stevens semi-autos. Would like to buy a Remmington Speedmaster or Sears Ted Williams semi-auto if anyone has one that they would like to sell at a resonable price.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    You know that small mammals keep their children in line by telling them scary stories about the 22.

The 22s I've owned have been responsible for a small mammal holocaust.

It's got to be an absolute certainty that 22s have killed more animals than any ten other calibers.
    Again you are correct. Ane small animals are tasty too!

skreuzman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Along with the plinkers I listed earlier I forgot to add one. My brother-in-law bought my daughter a very sweet Thompson Center .22 Hot Shot in PINK Realtree AP camo on the day she was born. Has not been shot yet because she is only 7 months old and I cannot get my finger in the trigger guard to safely discharge it. It looks sweet though for a little girl!

jdklvans

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Michiana
    I think all but two of my guns are .22's (yugo sks, mossberg 500)

GSG 1911 .22 :patriot:
    GSG 5SD .22 :D
    Chiapa .22 AR Upper:ar15:
    Stevens semi auto .22 Cant find the model markings picked it up at gun show for 75 bucks.. So far I can't beat it.:rockwoot:
    Heritage .22 revolver:draw:

looking to pick up in the future a rugar 10/22 I had one sold it now wish I had it back type thing. :(

Also looking to add a .17 and to finish my .223 build. Oh ya and a mosin.. cant live with out one those. :spend:

I think the Stevens might be a model 62, Also in the Savage with same model number (62).

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I have at least five firearms in .22LR. The rifles are fun to plink with, of course, but this is also the perfect chance for me to plug Appleseed, an American heritage and history organization that also happens to have a heck of a rifle marksmanship program. We usually use .22LR because the ammo is cheap and the skills we teach translate across from .22 to larger caliber rifles. For more info, check out our forum here (Appleseed is an INGO Advertising Supporter) https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/ or check out our own board, Project Appleseed Home.
    When you're ready to come out to a shoot, click the RWVA oval in my signature to be taken directly to the schedule page.

Blessings,
    Bill

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I just traded 0ne .22 for another about a week ago, and made an agreement today to purchase another.

The inventory currently stands as such;

Henry H001

Winchester 1885 "Low-Wall" (barrel has been replaced to convert from original .22 short into .22LR. Barrel is from a Winchester model 52)

Mossberg model 144

Savage model 24 .22LR/.410

Rossi Combo .22LR/.20ga.

H&R top-break 9-shot revolver

S&W 22A semi-auto pistol

and I am supposed to pick up my latest aquisition later this week,

Calico carbine

Dross is entirely correct about the amount of small mammals losing the battle against the lowly .22.

Do a Google search sometime about the amount of .22 ammo produced and consumed annually in the United States alone. I don't recall the numbers off the top of my head, but they are staggering.

sbsg2005

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    Introduced my kids to 22's today since they all got one for Christmas. To them they are the only thing better than ribs and PS3. My oldest got a Ruger 10/22 and my two youngest got Marlin model 60's. They probably had more fun in 4 hours at dads sighting them in and plinking the spinning targets my dad made em than anything they can ever think of.

twisyblackmetal

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2010
    If things got so bad I had to trade or sell firearms off-my 1929 remington hammerless slide action would be the last gun gone. 95% of every thing I need a firearm for could be solved with a decent .22LR.

Jim Himself

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2010
    10/22 with Redfield 3x7, bolt catch, flash hider, & USGI sling.
    Plinker, small game, do-everything rifle. It's only 3 years old and already has some wear. I love it.

Savage Model 19 NRA
    This was my great-grandpa's. Serial dates it to '37-'38. It has a 4x Weaver scope that dates to '40-'43. Mint condition, super cool rifle. I shoot it maybe once a year.

Romanian M69 Training Rifle
    This is a frustrating piece. It's in very good shape, has the full kit in the stock, and is deadly accurate out to 100 with the irons. Reciever dated 1977, but bolt serial doesn't match. No matter what I do, it does not eject rounds properly 80% of the time. It feeds fine. It feeds and ejects unfired rounds 100% of the time, but once the round is fired, upon extraction the round falls off the bolt face before hitting the ejector. I tilt the rifle 90 degrees and the case falls out, then I chamber the next one. Because of this I don't shoot it much. Someday I'll get it figured out because this is the absolute perfect gun to teach people basic marksmanship with.

Top Bottom