• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is the Bill of Rights worth one child's life?

• Total voters

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I got to thinking about all the twaddle liberal politicians are mouthing these days, and this occurred to me. I posed this to my Facebook friends, who by and large don't seem to care much about what Obo is doing to the US.

If you could save one child's life by burning up the Bill of Rights, would you do it?

How about eliminating doctor-client confidentiality, if it would save one child's life? Priest-penitant, or lawyer-client privilege. Same question.

Would you let the government search everyone's house and effects without a warrant, if it would save one child's life? (And I'm sure you could find an example where the exercise of the 4th resulted in someone's death.)

How about taking away the 5th A right to remain silent, if it would save one child's life.

It's for the children. Write to your legislators and tell them the Bill of Rights is not worth the life of one child.
    If saving one child's life is a reasonable criterion for dismantling the Bill of Rights, why stop at the 2d Amendment. I think all the gun grabbers should be posed the above query.

After all, it's for the children!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My question to the fool who would promote such an idea: How do you propose to save one child's life by destroying the very protections that make it possible for him to live out his life? It is tantamount to giving him a fish, refusing to allow him to learn to fish, and then wondering why he starves by the end of the month.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    My question to the fool who would promote such an idea: How do you propose to save one child's life by destroying the very protections that make it possible for him to live out his life? It is tantamount to giving him a fish, refusing to allow him to learn to fish, and then wondering why he starves by the end of the month.

This is precisely the rationale offered by El Jefe and his goons. These people are crawling out of the woodwork in increasing numbers. I think if they're going to dismantle the 2d, they'd better have a damn good reason for leaving other Amendments intact that almost certainly result in children's deaths, or could do so...

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    O.k. now lets drop the emotion from the question and ask it as it should be asked; Is the Bill of Rights worth one life?

Hundreds of thousands have died for it. Does the question need to be asked?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    O.k. now lets drop the emotion from the question and ask it as it should be asked; Is the Bill of Rights worth one life?

Hundreds of thousands have died for it. Does the question need to be asked?

It should not, but the Dems keep posing this rhetorical monstrosity with respect to the 2d. And there is no evidence that eliminating the 2d would save any lives. I just wish that someone would call them out when they begin mouthing this stuff.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    My question would be... If you get rid of the Bill of Rights to save one child's, how many more will die after the bill of rights is gone?

My answer would be... 1000's of both adults & children.

So no... getting rid of the bill of right will not save anyone.

EDIT... sorry... I submitted the wrong answer in the poll... :(

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    Liberty and Freedom has always come at a very high price, innocent people's lives. We have seen it first hand in our war on terror. Also,in the past with Germany, Japan and in Russia. Finally, in our fight for freedom from England where young kids were killed both on the battlefield and off. What these people in Washington need to do is read and understand history, especially our own. The Declaration of Independence was not just a piece of paper. It stated our right to be free nation free from Tyranny and a Dictatorial government. If we do not fight now, we may never be able to in the future. Just my two cents.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    How many men and women have lost their lives by going over seas to protect these rights? Would be stupid to now say they all died for nothing. The same liberal politicians who ask these stupid questions are the same ones who have made it legal to murder millions of unborn babies. Thier hypocracy has no limits!

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Many men, women and children have all died in defense of the Bill of Rights. The people that are asking this question do so much to harm children that it should make this question mute.

Isn't cutting the balls off of the bill of rights a really bad thing too? If the people of this great country are unarmed, had the freedom of speech removed and the right of non self incrimination removed won't we be just like all the other nations ruled by tyrants?

Do what you want, I will be at home loading my guns.

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    I know of a father who lost his only son for liberty.
    I suspect he would say the bill of rights is worth a child's life.
    I suspect he knew the alternative would be even more costly.
    I will follow that lesson.

Last edited:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Ask the lib this:

I am prepared to defend, with my life if needed, every article of our Constitution because they benefit all Citizens, not just a portion. Are you prepared to give yours to remove of just one of them?

Inabcentia

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Bloomington
    Trying to eliminate (or rewrite) the 2nd Amendment is sedition, plain and simple. A sedition that will ultimately lead those individuals to treason. God have mercy on them because I won't. I can't remember who originally said it but I do believe this country is being destroyed by those who could never have built it.

danil

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Mishawaka
    I like Jarhead77 point and second it; each and every one of those aborted people had the right to live... Let's not forget the lack of validity of the question-- no ban will actually ensure that the perpetrator won't still kill that child with something else, a knife or a bat.

I was reading the other post on the drunk driver that killed 2 kids-- I don't know of anyone banning automobiles.... or the countless other devises that are used to do harm and kill..... it's about the person committing the act-- not the items he used in the act.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Liberty and Freedom has always come at a very high price, innocent people's lives. We have seen it first hand in our war on terror. Also,in the past with Germany, Japan and in Russia. Finally, in our fight for freedom from England where young kids were killed both on the battlefield and off. What these people in Washington need to do is read and understand history, especially our own. The Declaration of Independence was not just a piece of paper. It stated our right to be free nation free from Tyranny and a Dictatorial government. If we do not fight now, we may never be able to in the future. Just my two cents.

Exactly, but then, that's why the 'obeyme' admin. and the lapdog that biden calls the "legit. media" feed that kind of crap to their misinformed minions--what marx called "useful idiots".

The authors of the Bill or Rights would have said "Give me liberty or give me death" P. Henry; "Those who would exchange essential liberty for the temporary illusion of security, deserve neither liberty nor security" B. Franklin

Top Bottom