• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am seeing the shelves and racks fill up with guns but the ammo is still thin. Prices are getting back to normal. PSS kept their prices in line as did a couple of LGS. Those that went on the rip have lost me for a while.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I see lots of firearms, and prices have definitely gone down. Thing is prices are still way higher than they were. Coming down, but not as low as they will go. If AK underfolders ever reach a decent price again I'm definitely getting one.

merotek

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    New Albany
    Im seeing ARs at >$1000 sit on the shelves now. I think I would like to build my next one though, still waiting to see uppers lowers decently priced...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Im seeing ARs at >$1000 sit on the shelves now. I think I would like to build my next one though, still waiting to see uppers lowers decently priced...

They are around it just takes some patience. I just finished one last week. Found a lower in the classifieds a while back very fair price....waited and Mario posted up a fair priced upper. Nothing fancy, all mill-spec and well built. BCG's are tough to find right now. I had to pull the one out of my Varmint gun to finish this one.

Combsie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Spencerville,IN
    The panic pricing was a "seller's" market. It fell at a perfect time for them, TAX SEASON! This is the #1 reason we're seeing firearms/ammo in stock again and at somewhat decent price's. Normal gun buyers and new gun buyers just ran out of thier "spending cash". I don't believe it has anything to do with the failed bans. Just my:twocents:

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    round 1 of the gun ban talks is over, but that was just the first battle. I think the Dems will wait until after the next elections, then they will try again. I think we are in for a few more tries at gun control, I just hope they all fail. I have been seeing ammunition starting to show up, but it still sells out pretty quickly, but I did manage to pick up 3 Remington bulk packs for $100.00, still to expensive, but the kids needed it.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I think so, it seems like firearms that are decently priced aren't moving all that well. I think the market is pretty well saturated as far as the casual buyers go.

It is. I have talked to other shops and it is the same. During the height of the "Great Panic of 2013" (Not to be confused with the "Great Panic of 2008", or the "Not Bad in a Pinch Panic" of 1994) I was doing about 7-10 transfers of handguns from two Louisville shops I do transfers for. I have only done one transfer (from Louisville, internet buys are still steady) in the past three weeks.

biggjimm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Grant Co.
    There is still not a lot of guns on the shelves at lgs but they are starting to get more it seems. Finally seeing quality AR's sitting at $1000 so it's getting better. The thing I'm worried about is ammo prices in the future. When you have guys advertising bricks of .22LR in the local papers for $75-$95 each & people are buying them up faster than before when you could walk in any store & buy them for $20, that is absolutely nuts. I'm afraid if the manufacturer's get wind of this & realize people will spend that kind of money for a brick of 22, we'll be paying $40-$45 + when they do finally get caught up. I mean since people are willing to spend that much money, that very well could set the market for the future & if that's the case there will be no more recreational shooting for us. A usuall day at the range we'll go thru 2 sometimes 3 bricks in an afternoon once or twice a month & that doesn't include what we go thru at comp. or the other calibers we shoot. I certainly hope this doesn't happen but at any rate I'm sure I'll never buy a brick for $20 again, unfortunately. Good luck all & shoot straight, if you can afford to shoot at all. Biggjimm.

Nim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2013
    Falls City Area / Clark County
    Love the OP's avatar.

I have a tic to see Rush in Cincy on July 2.

I see lots of guns on shelves as well. Prices have inflated a lot.

Ammo is starting to be seen more, mostly at higher prices than before, except of .22LR...echo,echo, echo. Shelves are empty.

Eventually, the gun shops will start having guns pilingup on their shelves as people get all their collections/arsenals filled and prices wil have to come down...at least some.

hammers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    mid southern Indiana
    I think the gun prices in my area are not bad. Waiting on my ltch before buying ( 7 weeks so I have time). I went to one gun shop that from my research had a very good price on a S&W 638. Had I had the cash at the time, I would have bought it. Wifey wouldn' consent HeeHee

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    I'm just glad that whittaker guns hasn't raised there prices during whatever you want to call it happened ...he is packed to the gills with everything under the sun , would like to support someone local in Indiana but no one can get near his prices or customer service .
    Ammo seems to be heading in the right direction as well , now we just need prices to lower back down to what we consider normal.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    it seems to be getting better. i see some 9 and 45, 5.56 at wally world if you get there in the morning. they wont put it out on night shift at mine anymore.
    Churchmouse is right PSS does people right no games.
    Sold a blued Taurus 85 ultralite for 300 I picked up a barely use lcr in .357 in my hometown, may have been a little high but my wife loves the trigger.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Ammunition is taking the share of the money right now. I think people are buying the 3 to 6 boxes instead of 1 or 2 at a time they use to do.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    100   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    They are around it just takes some patience. I just finished one last week. Found a lower in the classifieds a while back very fair price....waited and Mario posted up a fair priced upper. Nothing fancy, all mill-spec and well built. BCG's are tough to find right now. I had to pull the one out of my Varmint gun to finish this one.

Well that's no good. Now your Varmint gun has become it's own build in progress. :)

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Ammunition is taking the share of the money right now. I think people are buying the 3 to 6 boxes instead of 1 or 2 at a time they use to do.

Agreed, that's exactly what I'm doing, whenever I find it, I buy the limit.
    I think you're right, because before this I would just buy when I needed it, or if I found a really good deal on a bulk purchase.

Top Bottom