• Total voters

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    From the article:

If you still think the left-right divide is bridgeable, it is only because it is too painful to confront the tragic reality of contemporary American life: Today's left-right divide is at least as great as the North-South divide before and during the Civil War. The only thing that remains the same is that it was the Democratic Party that opposed freedom then, and it is the Democratic Party that opposes freedom today.”

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We've held our ground (and noses) for this long, no way we're giving up now. The left/democrat policies are finally taking root and coming to their inevitable conclusions across the country. What we're seeing is the beginning of the implosion of the left and its really not taking much effort on "our" part. Trump is taking the brunt of the heavy lifting at the moment but the left is collapsing right along with the NWO/WEF agendas. People are waking up and media dominance is coming to an end. The elites were crying about it in Davos.

This is the equivalent of allowing your disobedient child to touch the hot stove after you've prevented it and told them two dozen times. Hard to watch and likely moreso for the parent than the child but it's the only way some people learn.

I'm hoping we don't see mass violence but that all depends on how the left is willing to accept defeat, but.... that depends almost entirely on how we allow them to do that. With open arms and allowing them dignity would be the right way but circling back, that's going to depend on how hard they fight it. The longer it takes, the less likely things are to end civilly since the democrat policies are inflicting more and more harm on a daily basis.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    I was just thinking about this the other day. What would be best for the country and the citizens if Trump returned to the White House? Another 4 years of witch hunts in a tit for tat sophomoric round and round? I do think accountability is important; but, seldom do those in Washington ever pay a price for their misdeeds. There should be a dismantling of the abhorrent policies of the last 3 + years. I do not think a gloating position is in our best interest. How about just concentrating of the things that will once again make us strong as a Nation in our eyes and in the eyes of the world. Let's make strides in improving the lives of us all. Will there ever again be Statesman to walk the Halls of Government?
    Some divides will never be spanned. I have family that will never see any good coming from someone with an(R) next to their name. More importantly, they will never admit any poor decisions that come from their side of the aisle. A toxic situation to be sure. I guess I could check both boxes above....

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    It is tough to bridge a gap with someone who thinks I should pay them because I worked and they did not.
    It becomes impossible when they think a 5 or 6 year old needs to go see men in drag tell them stories.
    How about when they tell me I am racist, and my race(and sex) are responsible for all their problems. Then try to limit my opportunity to advance in education or career because of my race and sex.
    How about them spying on me based on my religion or standing for my beliefs at a school council meeting?
    How about the fact I served the United States military, and because of that I am now a danger to the USA?

They want a communist government where they control every aspect of my life. I want a return to a republic with the rule of law.

It is a massive gap. I do not think it is possible.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    daPCSjwus6UR2JxRX1.webp

2 Americas, I'm done with theirs... It's not me, it's you.

10mm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2024
    Greencastle
    No, and here's why. At the very fundamental level, the core beliefs from which all other beliefs must stem, the left leaning individual sits on a non homogenous feelings based ever shifting sand. The right somewhat does this as well, but is typically more rooted in the Christian belief system and more firmly rooted in individual liberty and personal responsibility.

The way we perceive this is the Overton window, or what is generally acceptable to talk about today. Yes, the left is the crazy train running off the rails, but the right is equally guilty of only putting on the brakes. The Democrats of the 90's were more right leaning than any politician today. Just go back and watch anyone talk about homosexual marriage or the border if you don't believe me. The right simply applies the brake and does not give sufficient push back to have any significant pushback. Just ten or fifteen years ago it was acceptable to not want gay marriage to be a thing. Look at us now. Prager U's trannies want smaller government.

I say all that to mention this part. Some of us saw what was happening and when the train slowed down, we hopped off. This is why people think we're insane radicals. The acceptable subjects have changed so significantly over the past decade and even more the last two that it's become impossible to reconcile with anyone still on the train.

Sorry for all the train talk, it had a purpose when I started I promise.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    No, and here's why. At the very fundamental level, the core beliefs from which all other beliefs must stem, the left leaning individual sits on a non homogenous feelings based ever shifting sand. The right somewhat does this as well, but is typically more rooted in the Christian belief system and more firmly rooted in individual liberty and personal responsibility.

The way we perceive this is the Overton window, or what is generally acceptable to talk about today. Yes, the left is the crazy train running off the rails, but the right is equally guilty of only putting on the brakes. The Democrats of the 90's were more right leaning than any politician today. Just go back and watch anyone talk about homosexual marriage or the border if you don't believe me. The right simply applies the brake and does not give sufficient push back to have any significant pushback. Just ten or fifteen years ago it was acceptable to not want gay marriage to be a thing. Look at us now. Prager U's trannies want smaller government.

I say all that to mention this part. Some of us saw what was happening and when the train slowed down, we hopped off. This is why people think we're insane radicals. The acceptable subjects have changed so significantly over the past decade and even more the last two that it's become impossible to reconcile with anyone still on the train.

Sorry for all the train talk, it had a purpose when I started I promise.
    Some us looked ahead before setting foot on the train and decided to never get on it. We understood what the fuel was(debt/printing money) and knew one day they would likely blow themselves up trying to go ever faster.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    We've held our ground (and noses) for this long, no way we're giving up now. The left/democrat policies are finally taking root and coming to their inevitable conclusions across the country. What we're seeing is the beginning of the implosion of the left and its really not taking much effort on "our" part. Trump is taking the brunt of the heavy lifting at the moment but the left is collapsing right along with the NWO/WEF agendas. People are waking up and media dominance is coming to an end. The elites were crying about it in Davos.

This is the equivalent of allowing your disobedient child to touch the hot stove after you've prevented it and told them two dozen times. Hard to watch and likely moreso for the parent than the child but it's the only way some people learn.

I'm hoping we don't see mass violence but that all depends on how the left is willing to accept defeat, but.... that depends almost entirely on how we allow them to do that. With open arms and allowing them dignity would be the right way but circling back, that's going to depend on how hard they fight it. The longer it takes, the less likely things are to end civilly since the democrat policies are inflicting more and more harm on a daily basis.

I think this is spot on. It all depends on if the left decides to call up the man with the gun to force everybody to comply with their ideas, regardless of whether you like it or not. The right or wrong of it is irrelevant. Next it depends on what the man with the gun decides to do. Lefty leadership could end up like Erich Honecker.

10mm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2024
    Greencastle
    Some us looked ahead before setting foot on the train and decided to never get on it. We understood what the fuel was(debt/printing money) and knew one day they would likely blow themselves up trying to go ever faster.
    That's a fair point, however this happened before my time and most of my generation was herded on the cattle car before we were old enough drive let alone vote or think rationally. Grandpa certainly knew and helped me learn to think long before most others in my generation, however it doesn't help much with decades of work to be undone before your birth. Control of the mass media leading to farming consent and manipulating data to the masses is the vehicle that got them here and with the advent of the Internet the general public really started to be able to see what was happening on the screen was different from reality. At least from my perspective. That pesky federal reserve is really the beginning of our woes and the continuation of a debt based economy is what enables them to keep devaluing our money and that all started in 1913. Banks and the systems they implement are the root of almost all social decay and war IMHO. I've only been geopolitically active for about 15 years though, and I'm not being cheeky here, so I don't have all the experience necessary to state that with the authority the text might grant it.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    There has to be some kind of shared "desired state," that L and R agree on, to bridge any kind of divide.

What is that desired state?

At the level of, "I want a safe, cost-effective, convenient, free society," I don't think anybody disagrees.

The problem is those words don't all mean the same things to people.

If we have become so affluent and comfortable, that "dreams of utopia" can now be entertained, which make agreed-upon definitions of those terms impossible - then the divide is unbridgeable.

That's where I think we are. I think an increased prevalence of "utopian ethics" in first world society has inserted modern SJL concepts of "fairness" into the definitions of all those words, in places where fairness was not a requirement before. Such that, a shared definition of "success" is no longer possible.

When America was comparatively poor, "we" could be "free." Abundance was not the norm, therefore fairness was not expected. There was not enough to go around.

But now that the perception of abundance has taken hold ("This is the richest nation on Earth..."), compassionate people now feel empowered to insist on "fairness" as an operating parameter in every aspect of human activity.

If a person making comfortable six figures in Indianapolis is going to vote Democrat because they're upset fast food workers in California don't have a union and single moms don't get free government childcare? Yeah, there's not going to be agreement on much going forward.

Because the Left's definition of success has changed too much in 50 years.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    From the article:

If you still think the left-right divide is bridgeable, it is only because it is too painful to confront the tragic reality of contemporary American life: Today's left-right divide is at least as great as the North-South divide before and during the Civil War. The only thing that remains the same is that it was the Democratic Party that opposed freedom then, and it is the Democratic Party that opposes freedom today.”

No. I don’t think it is. At least not as things are now. I mean if when progressives faint at the prospect of not allowing people to get away with child molesting, we’re not even on the same planet.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

The lessons of the War Between the States are that the aberrant beliefs are totally defeated and their adherents ability to make war are crushed first; then and only then, when they have admitted their defeat, can magnanimous terms be offered

I doubt we will find a Robert E Lee on the left, though - or any man of honor

Top Bottom