Is the money you spend on a SIG worth it?!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    The nitron finish is fine. When I first got one I thought it showed every little mark. Then I wiped it down with a little oil and a silicon impregnated cloth. It looks like new afterward. My P220 has thousands of draw strokes from dry fire practice and range trips from both kydex and leather and it looks like new.

I was going to post this almost word for word! :yesway:

LeeStreet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    South of Steuben Co.
    My answer to the OP's question: Yep!
    Owner of the following..
    P238 retired EDC
    P938 current EDC
    P320 compact 9mm
    All three top quality,and I would rely on any of them to save my life and others.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    why would it be suggested to stick with 9mm with the p239?

I am curious as to BBIs answer myself.

Personally I am not a big fan of .40 in compact guns. That is not criticism of the .40 because I think it is a fine cartridge. I am simply not a fan when chambered in non-service sized pistols. Glock 23 or Sig 229 are as small as I care to go with that cartridge.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I carry and shoot my 226 mk25 more than anything else. After 17k rounds i've had one squib round and that was it.

With that said i've put thousands of rounds through other guns as well without issue but the 226 is what i come back to. Quite frankly if you told me i could only keep one handgun out of my safe it wouldn't even be a debate. my trusty 226 is the only gun i wouldn't hesitate to keep.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I absolutely HATE the way Sigs feel in hand. The low beavertail forces a low and awkward grip for anyone used to a "high-hands" grip.

CZ FTW.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    why would it be suggested to stick with 9mm with the p239?

A smaller grip and lighter gun make recoil control harder. Not that I expect the .40 will be painful or the like, but I think the 9mm will be much easier to track the front sight under recoil, etc. In larger guns with more surface area on the grip and that were designed as .40s from the get go, say the P229 or Beretta 9000, the difference is not as pronounced.

It is, however, personal preference and there's certainly nothing wrong with the .40 or .357 version (other than price of feeding it for .357 Sig).

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have carried several different Sigs over the past 25 years. Started with 226 9mm, went to 220 in 45, 226 in 40, now the 320 in 9. As issued off duty guns, sig 230, 232, and 250 subcompact. I've shot them, a lot, over the years in both training and competitions. Usually bought the same model to shoot extra with.
    So, I would say they are worth every penny. That's my .02.
    Bill

What kind of competitions do/did you shoot in? And which Sigs did you use for them? I don't see many Sigs at all in the events I have gone to.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    but then my question is, do you not trust any other manufacture?
    Some I trust. Most major manufacturers are going to be dependable. I just don't like the way some of them look. Others I hate how they feel in my hand. The grip angle makes their natural point of aim feel off to me in some cases. Everyone is going to have a different way of looking at such things.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    It's not that Sigs are bad.....It's just that CZ's are better :popcorn:

I think you guys have your own thread........
    xjxltbmj963h3bawmmaa.jpg

Hellhound1055

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2015
    Indianapolis
    My 228 came with a pair of hogue grips installed, which makes the grip just ever so slightly large for me. Thats my only complaint with sigs (and the price point on new models).

Top Bottom