Is the Salem Indiana gun show on for OCT 10th and 11th??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yeah, I don't know any of the locals. :):
    I either hung out in Salem, worked in Salem, and/or lived in Salem for about five years. As far as how long ago? I remember "the girl in the green Gremlin." Never knew her name, we just called her the girl in the green Gremlin. It's been a while since a Gremlin went around the County Square I'd say...

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I either hung out in Salem, worked in Salem, and/or lived in Salem for about five years. As far as how long ago? I remember "the girl in the green Gremlin." Never knew her name, we just called her the girl in the green Gremlin. It's been a while since a Gremlin went around the County Square I'd say...
    Was she particularly slutty? I might know her.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I miss my tan Gremlin X (sport trim package)! I remember taking it back along a trail near a gravel pit when I was in high school and taking it up this little short, steep incline to make it "pop a wheelie"... Came down so hard it broke the bottom of the fan guard and made quite a racket! I had to break it off to make it stop making the noise (so Dad wouldn't find out). :):

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I miss my tan Gremlin X (sport trim package)! I remember taking it back along a trail near a gravel pit when I was in high school and taking it up this little short, steep incline to make it "pop a wheelie"... Came down so hard it broke the bottom of the fan guard and made quite a racket! I had to break it off to make it stop making the noise (so Dad wouldn't find out). :):

I don't think I've ever seen "pop a wheelie", "Gremlin", and "sport trim package" in such close proximity :D

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    POP a wheelie in a Gremlin... WOW now that takes guts... To be honest it took guts to drive a Gremlin

BY the way the show was a smaller show, maybe 150 tables... But if you are looking for Older guns there was a lot of them.. Even some ammo of limited calibers.

I will say the big thing down there was the plethora of nicer older 22s.. It was tempting ..

One rarer piece was a Gewehrfabrik Danzig model 2 22 rifle. What was neat about it was that it was serial number no 3. One of the dealers there has one with serial no 1.. So that is kinda cool even a small show can show its a small world.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Had a Gremlin in the early 70's. Really liked it. Spent quite a bit of time in the backseat....... Dad saw some footprints on the ceiling once, awkward silence....

Don

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't think I've ever seen "pop a wheelie", "Gremlin", and "sport trim package" in such close proximity :D

Hey, it was bad ass! Had the big straight 6 (automatic) in it and would chirp the tires when it would shift gears if I really stood on it! :):

It looked like this one.

iu

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hey, it was bad ass! Had the big straight 6 (automatic) in it and would chirp the tires when it would shift gears if I really stood on it! :):

It looked like this one.

iu

OK the tires are pretty cool ;) Barking a second with an automatic (history alert for those who are younger: automatic transmissions had 3 gears unless it was a Chevy Powerglide with 2 back in the day) and a straight-six wasn't very common. I know there was a 304ci V-8 available for Gremlins. That would've been like dropping a 302 in a Pinto.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    OK the tires are pretty cool ;) Barking a second with an automatic (history alert for those who are younger: automatic transmissions had 3 gears unless it was a Chevy Powerglide with 2 back in the day) and a straight-six wasn't very common. I know there was a 304ci V-8 available for Gremlins. That would've been like dropping a 302 in a Pinto.

Yeah, that was their 5 liter option. A buddy of mine had one of those with a 4 speed manual. That was a hoot to drive!

Edit: I just figured out why you liked the tires! :):

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Mine had the 6 cylinder with standard trans. I worked at an international Harvester truck garage. The clutch went out so they let me change it on a Saturday. The parts guy saw the clutch disc and said to wait a minute. Came back with a dusty box. Turns out IH used a clutch for their V8's that matched a larger set of holes on the Gremlin flywheel. Believe it was for an IH pickup truck. I put a 340 V8 clutch pressure plate/disc in it. Never went out again!

Don

linuxhack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2020
    Clarksville
    POP a wheelie in a Gremlin... WOW now that takes guts... To be honest it took guts to drive a Gremlin

BY the way the show was a smaller show, maybe 150 tables... But if you are looking for Older guns there was a lot of them.. Even some ammo of limited calibers.

I will say the big thing down there was the plethora of nicer older 22s.. It was tempting ..

One rarer piece was a Gewehrfabrik Danzig model 2 22 rifle. What was neat about it was that it was serial number no 3. One of the dealers there has one with serial no 1.. So that is kinda cool even a small show can show its a small world.

How were the prices? Any deals to be had?

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    How were the prices? Any deals to be had?

Depends on what you are looking for, But I saw fair prices on some 8mm yugos, A lot of of those 22s where in the 100 to 200 range.

Hell they had a nice sporter Ross there, You do not see that everywhere.

So I walked out wishing I had brought more money..

Top Bottom