Is the Sig Sauer SP20220 a good firearm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fahappy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    NW Indiana
    I just recently purchased a Sig Sauer model SP2022 and I was wondering how good of a weapon it is. I have very limited experience with this brand, and havent gotten a chance to fire this particular weapon as of yet.

growl18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    Its a great full size pistol with a great trigger if you get it in DA/SA.
    Much nicer to shoot then a p250's DAO.
    Very reliable and a SIG bargain.

sigonbox2.jpg

linc_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    GREAT !!!! i use it as a ccw when ever i can i like it so much !! the are sigs best kept secret....i plan on getting another one to hide back in the box for later !!

Interloper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Love mine! I am kind of picky and noticed some wear on the plastic guide rod a couple of weeks ago. I replaced that with a stainless rod and it is good to go.

Brand new and right out of the box I had one fail to eject on the first mag that I shot, but it has run flawlessly since then. I am not sure how many rounds I have put through it since then, over 1000 for sure.

Enjoy it!

OneManWolfpack

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    South Bend / Mishawaka
    Love mine! I am kind of picky and noticed some wear on the plastic guide rod a couple of weeks ago. I replaced that with a stainless rod and it is good to go.

Brand new and right out of the box I had one fail to eject on the first mag that I shot, but it has run flawlessly since then. I am not sure how many rounds I have put through it since then, over 1000 for sure.

Enjoy it!

I'm picky too. When i noticed the wear marks on the barrel that will happen quickly, I polished the whole thing. Did it the hard way with a rag and Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish for auto wheels. With some patience, i think it turned out well. (did the feed ramp too) It's stainless, so no need to worry about rust. Now i just need the guide rod to match.

2uzxrgn.jpg

2qsoxtj.jpg

fahappy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    NW Indiana
    Thanks Guys. I took it out for a whirl today and loved it!!! I put 100 rounds thru it and it performed beautifully and it was accurate as hell. Im very satisfied with it.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Last edited:

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    I'm picky too. When i noticed the wear marks on the barrel that will happen quickly, I polished the whole thing. Did it the hard way with a rag and Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish for auto wheels. With some patience, i think it turned out well. (did the feed ramp too) It's stainless, so no need to worry about rust. Now i just need the guide rod to match.

OneMan... how long did it take you to polish your barrel? Looks very nice.

I needed an evening project...

Thanks.

Top Bottom