Is the Sig Sauer SP20220 a good firearm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OneManWolfpack

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    South Bend / Mishawaka
    OneMan... how long did it take you to polish your barrel? Looks very nice.

I needed an evening project...

Thanks.

Couple hours...did it in front on the TV. The black will slowly fade, then it's just a matter of getting it even all around. Just use one rag to apply the polish and another to buff it off (then repeat many times)

Good luck! (although you can't really mess it up)

chadc11

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Venice, FL
    I love mine! I did a great deal of research and handled a lot of firearms before making the decision. For the price, you can't beat it.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I just recently purchased a Sig Sauer model SP2022 and I was wondering how good of a weapon it is. I have very limited experience with this brand, and havent gotten a chance to fire this particular weapon as of yet.

I had one in 9MM. It was (and still is) a great gun. Fortunately, I was able to sell it to my son-in-law so that I could buy a Beretta M9. :):

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    I've had mine for a couple of months in 9mm. Its spot on. POA is awesome! I use it to shoot tactical every Wednesday night. I love it and open carry with it every single day.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    I love mine, great gun. Definitely agree with all of those who say it is probably the most underrated modern firearm on the market, and also agree with those who say it's as reliable as Glocks etc.

I've owned some big names, and I definitely agree with the statement.

@selinoid44 - What holster do you use for this? I know Fobus has a holster (i like fobus, good history with them) that will work with this but it's actually molded for the XD series pistols. Well it just so happens I can pick up an XD holster for $7 brand new, think it would fit my 9mm SP2022? Just curious if there's something with the adjustability of the Fobus that allows it or if they can truly share most holsters. (I PM'd you this as well in case you don't re-open this thread - but it'd be nice for other owners to know!)

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Bianchi 4584 Evader, got it at the tactical-store.com less then 25 bucks and its in stock. Midway carries it but its more money and they are backordered. Holster is a retention style. it's a good buy! +1 for the Bianchi

Top Bottom