• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeepArn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Avon
    Update... Ended up having to go to harbor freight so I picked up the "high end" gun... $16 and after using it one time to grease the trailer hubs it's still in the tool box. We'll see how it goes over time. Thinking about putting the powered grease gun on my Christmas list this year.
    Thanks again for all the input.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    Can't remember one not working except for the electrics sometimes. We go through a lot of grease in the fields. Just the daily on a combine or excavator will take 2 tubes. Are you bleeding the air out of the gun after putting the tube in?

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I bought one maybe 20 years ago. I think it was Plews brand. Yea a 2 handed model. I put a flex hose on it. I don't need it near often enough to use a electric one. Works great. Couple problems/ideas I have ran into. When it does not pump it is usually an air pocket. My grease gun (thinking all) have a hole at the bottom of the grease tube. I get a LONG screwdriver and slide it in the hole and rest it on the bench with some pressure, give it a couple pumps and it is pumping grease again. Other problem I ran into, after sitting a while it seems the grease tends to separate and drip oil. Making a freaking mess everywhere. Especially when you don't remember until it is way to late. Might be the cheap grease I am using.

Top Bottom