Is there a legal length blade law in Marion County ??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Hello all, I can not find the answer on the interweb. Is there a maximum blade length for a fixed blade knife that can be carried in Marion County ? I find the state laws, but can not find any about length in Marion County. Just purchased a Jeff White English drop point and was wanting to use it for work, but will stop off at places to and from and want to be sure it's ok to wear on my belt. Any info would be awesome, thanks guys !

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Sec. 451-1. - Sharp objects or instruments on the person.
    (a)
    It shall be unlawful for any person to carry around or have in his manual possession or control any ice pick or similar kind of sharp instrument, other than ordinary pocketknives, and such instruments described in subsection (b) of this section, unless the object is a necessary instrument of his lawful trade or occupation or for lawful use in his home, and is actually being carried and intended to be used for use in the performance of such trade or occupation, or for use in his home.

(b)
    It shall be unlawful for any person to wear or carry in any public street or place, elevator, public vehicle or place of assemblage any hatpin, ornament or sharp or pointed object, which has an exposed point or edge of more than one-half (½) inch, unless the point or edge is protected with a guard so as to cover it and prevent injury to any person coming in contact therewith.

(Code 1975, § 20-186)

Top Bottom