is there a logical reason Obama is not facing articles of impeachment?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gstanley102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Delphi
    The latest revalation of FCC attempt to trample the first admendment should be more than enough for articles of impeachment.

I can only see a few reasons for not impeaching Obama.

1 - The Republicans are cowards, and the Democrats are idiots.
    2 - Neither the Republicans or Democrats believe he is doing anything wrong.
    3 - Both parties do not believe in our rule of law.

All 3 are frightening.

There may be a sound reason but I believe any you could offer would drill down to one of these.

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    I see 2 reasons:
    First (primarily) - the Democrats control the Senate and Reid would never bring articles up for a vote. Even if he did the dems would never vote to impeach.
    Second - Boehner is a useless wimp.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    What high crime or misdemeanor has he committed (please cite the relevant code to make your case). I don't care for the guy, but he's not done anything impeachable, yet, as far as I can see.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Here are 4 logical reasons:

a) He has not committed an impeachable offense. "We don't like him" does not = high crimes and treason.

That's really all you need, but here are the others...
    b) It would be political suicide by Republicans. As if they need to do one more thing to make themselves less electable.
    c) Impeaching our freely-elected head of state would be divisive and make our nation look foolish and weak.
    d) As a nation, we have far more important issues to address.

Let the tea party and the far-right lunatics form their own party. The Republicans need to put forward some moderate, electable candidates.

Flame away all you want - you might think that I'm some liberal nutjob. The truth is that I used to vote both ways until the religious zealots hijacked the GOP, and then the tea party sealed the deal. And my views are closer to the mainstream - the group that swings the general elections.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Here are 4 logical reasons:

a) He has not committed an impeachable offense. "We don't like him" does not = high crimes and treason.

That's really all you need, but here are the others...
    b) It would be political suicide by Republicans. As if they need to do one more thing to make themselves less electable.
    c) Impeaching our freely-elected head of state would be divisive and make our nation look foolish and weak.
    d) As a nation, we have far more important issues to address.

Let the tea party and the far-right lunatics form their own party. The Republicans need to put forward some moderate, electable candidates.

Flame away all you want - you might think that I'm some liberal nutjob. The truth is that I used to vote both ways until the religious zealots hijacked the GOP, and then the tea party sealed the deal. And my views are closer to the mainstream - the group that swings the general elections.

Conventional wisdom = 40% Democrats, 40% Republicans, 20% "Independent". Recent poll says that 70% of the population considers themselves "conservative." So your argument that your views represent "the mainstream" is flat-out wrong. The 60% of the population which lives outside major population centers but is, unfortunately, out-represented by those population centers, doesn't agree with you, either, by and large.

The President HAS committed "impeachable offenses" in his unilateral re-writing of the Affordable Care Act provisions; his actions in coercing Secured Bond Holders in the GM and Chrysler takeovers were arguably impeachable offenses, as are his blatant disregard for the enforcement of our current Immigration laws. However, as has been pointed out upthread, the Democrat-controlled Senate will not vote to uphold Articles of Impeachment, so there is no point in advancing them.

gstanley102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Delphi
    Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn last night.

It seems to me that being AWOL during the Bengazi event is impeachable.
    It seems to me that directing the sale of weapons to drug cartels is impeachable.
    It seems to me that directing the IRS to slow walk certain groups applications for tax exempt status is impeachable
    It seems to me that putting government monitors in newsrooms is impeachable.
    It seems to me that lying to congress is impeachable.
    It seems to me that covering up any scandal to affect an election is impeachable.

I understand that the Senate would conduct an impeachment trial and that it would be next to impossible to win.
    But is that a reason to capitulate?

Where would we be if George Washington thought that way?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What high crime or misdemeanor has he committed (please cite the relevant code to make your case). I don't care for the guy, but he's not done anything impeachable, yet, as far as I can see.

Ok, come clean, Mr. J, this should be purple, right?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I see one reason why he hasn't been.

1. Both parties are in bed together. Watch this hand (party) while I steal your wallet using the other hand (party)

feel free to substitute 'wallet'. With other words like: freedom, rights, dignity, property, income, labor, health, ect

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Are you joking? You have to be joking? Please tell me you're joking?

Has Karl Rove taken control of you?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Because a majority of voters don't want it. There's practically no limit to what the adherents of either party will put up with from their own candidate to avoid giving the other party a political victory.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Because a majority of voters don't want it. There's practically no limit to what the adherents of either party will put up with from their own candidate to avoid giving the other party a political victory.

it isn't about what voters want. if that were the case, we wouldn't have Bobocare. it is ALL about Congress and the democrat control of the Senate. it would be an exercise in futility to impeach in the HoR only to have it go nowhere or even worse, voted down in the Senate.

then dimocrats would have even more of an "excuse" to cry about how the Republicans are saying "no" to everything and being obstructionists. it would just be more ammo in the democrat magazine.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    If I'm a GOP leader in Congress I'd bide my time until January assuming the GOP controls the Senate. Then he could be impeached. Now it would just be an exercise in futility. Though the electorate (who voted him in) will be incensed a the GOP, two years of Biden would wake them up, or wake up enough of them to get a GOP in the White House.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If I'm a GOP leader in Congress I'd bide my time until January assuming the GOP controls the Senate. Then he could be impeached. Now it would just be an exercise in futility. Though the electorate (who voted him in) will be incensed a the GOP, two years of Biden would wake them up, or wake up enough of them to get a GOP in the White House.

Two options, then.

1. The long, arduous fight of trying impeachment... in the process making the GOP look awful to the public, give tons of ammo to opposition, and gamble on it working.

2. Just obstruct the hell out of his final 2 years.

Not sure where I stand... both have negatives... but impeachment requires support for an impeachment. I just don't think that exists, and I doubt most of the current GOP would go along with it. Too many old timers scared of losing their jobs.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Ok, come clean, Mr. J, this should be purple, right?
    Nope. Make your case for impeachment using the law.
    What high crime or misdemeanor has he committed (please cite the relevant code to make your case).

I know of nothing he's done that fits the bill. I dislike much that he's done, but don't think it reaches the level, yet, of an impeachable offence.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    EVERYTHING a political body does is political. That's not a criticism, that's an observable fact. A President gets impeached when a large enough group of congressional representatives think that it's a good political move to impeach him. It's the way it is, the way it always has been, and the way it always shall be. Impeachment is a POLITICAL process, NOT a legal process. When you understand this, it all makes sense.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Nope. Make your case for impeachment using the law.

I know of nothing he's done that fits the bill. I dislike much that he's done, but don't think it reaches the level, yet, of an impeachable offence.

Directly changing ObamaCare by diktat. It was legislation passed by Congress and as such can only be changed by passage of legislation that specifically outlines the changes and to what section. He started doing it by EE but even that process isn't legal and Constitutional. He can't go around Congress to change a parts of legislation that he doesn't like or is disadvantageous for him or his party.

That is all that is needed. And anyone that just sits by and watches without doing something about should be impeached too. pretty much empties Congress. Time to start over.

Top Bottom