Is there a rule for New People to Buy from the Classifieds?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DFM914

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    I don't want to cause a stink but is there some special rule that I'm not worthy to purchase Items in the classifieds unless I am a veteran poster? I just find something I wanted that the Buyer refuses to sell because I am New. Is this a General Rule I missed? Needless to say I'm offended : Should I have read something I missed? I've joined forums before where you have to have so many posts to use the Classifieds. But never one that allows you to use them and then has Members who refuse to sell to you because you are new. That seems like the Bias I thought Gun-forums were against: Can someone kindly clear this up for me?

You are offended? Really? Offended because members follow the rules?

Rick53

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    Muskegon
    Yes, it's a Rule. And yes, you missed it..

While we want to welcome you to INGO. We also want to take this opportunity to ask you to read the FAQ which can be found in my signature below. It's pointed out in great detail why we have the 50 post rule because to the newcomer it can seem like an obscure rule for us to want to enforce. In order to participate in the classifieds, you must contribute to the forum by either :
    1) content in the form of 50 quality posts (not one liners) or
    2) financially by becoming a site supporter. That information can be found here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/site_s..._are_here.html

Please remember, we are a forum first and then a place for classifieds. There is a plethora of information available here and that's what keeps people here and what allows us to have a classifieds section.

Thanks!
    No dis-respect meant, but I don't make 50 posts in the 4 forums I belong to combined in the 5 years I've been on the Internet. I Understand the weeding out of spammers . So I'll just have to pass on what I found. The guy that has it for sale wants me to run a marathon of Posts. No one liners allowed. To have the privilege of buying his item. I may as well pay full price. Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated. Maybe I'll buy something 10 years from now:)

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    No dis-respect meant, but I don't make 50 posts in the 4 forums I belong to combined in the 5 years I've been on the Internet. I Understand the weeding out of spammers . So I'll just have to pass on what I found. The guy that has it for sale wants me to run a marathon of Posts. No one liners allowed. To have the privilege of buying his item. I may as well pay full price. Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated. Maybe I'll buy something 10 years from now:)

Just 48 more to go ... Or you could shell out the $15 to become a site supporter.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Don't be so quick to dismiss...Mom45 started a thread the first day she joined (IIRC) and she blew through that 50 post barrier very quickly.

:welcome: to INGO, by the way.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Don't pay full price for that - they are expensive.
    I'll sell it to you. Don't listen to these guys.

Just give me a PM and we'll work it out. :):

Always glad to help out a newbie.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

No, the guy is just following the rules of the forum. Apparently you are still butthurt over it, even after being informed it is the rule of the forum, not the poster.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    It's not my rule it's the forums rule. If you don't like the rule can always go away. The other 33,000 of us sure won't miss you!

I an including this just for you. You'll probably need it.

Last edited:

Rick53

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    Muskegon
    No, the guy is just following the rules of the forum. Apparently you are still butthurt over it, even after being informed it is the rule of the forum, not the poster.
    Last post here. Comments like yours and the one above are why I don't comment much in forums. I'd rather just read what the know it all said then be one.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

It is a wee bit disrespectful to come into a community and declare that you should be exempt from this or that rule. All of the gun forums I have seen have a minimum # of posts one has to make to be able to buy/sell, access images, download information, etc.

Fifty posts is hardly a marathon, unless you really have nothing to contribute aside from kvetching. It's hardly onerous, and ensures that the board doesn't devolve into spam heaven.

Ask not what INGO can do for you, ask what you can do for INGO.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    Last post here. Comments like yours and the one above are why I don't comment much in forums. I'd rather just read what the know it all said then be one.

butthurtometer.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom