Is there any S10 / Sonoma love out there?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Here's a fun thread. :D

Is there anyone else out there that is a GMC Sonoma person? :dunno: Show some S10 / Sonoma love!

I'm a Jeep owner, I love my Jeep. It's fun driving around on a nice day with the tops off the Jeep. Jeep people are great. 9 out of 10 times they wave in passing. It's a Jeep thing, so I've been told. It's a stock Jeep, for now, but it's a Jeep, and it is still awesome no matter how you slice it. :rockwoot:

JKWranglerUnlimited2.jpg

JKWranglerUnlimited.jpg

...but

I ALSO own a GMC Sonoma. I love my Sonoma. It's fun driving around on a nice day with all the windows rolled down and the back glass open. Sonoma people, I'm not sure they exist. 10 out of 10 times they flip me off when I wave at them in passing. If it's a GMC Sonoma thing, I'm not sure that anyone understands. It's a very lightly modified Sonoma, still, but it's a Sonoma and it's awesome no matter how you slice it.:rockwoot:

SonomaZR5.jpg

29507_615940139184_32300100_3491567.jpg

Here is my Sonoma (it doesn't discriminate) and my buddy's (a former S10 owner) Jeep after a day out doing some Four Wheeling.

SonomaZR5withMikeysJeep.jpg

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    I have a 97 Sonoma that i bought of the showroom floor back in Feb. 1997. It's a good truck and i plan to have it for 10+ more years but it has had its issues. It's fairway green, with a regular cab and step sides.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    I have a 97 Sonoma that i bought of the showroom floor back in Feb. 1997. It's a good truck and i plan to have it for 10+ more years but it has had its issues. It's fairway green, with a regular cab and step sides.

See, I knew there had to be some Sonoma love out there! :D

I bought mine in used 2005 and hope to have it until the wheels fall off. It's a great truck. After 130k miles, Knock on wood, the only stuff I've had to fix was a radiator, a water pump, thermostat, and temp sensor.

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    2001 S-10, ZR2. I got it at 35,000 from a lease. It has been a pretty good truck. I do need to put some money in the front end, the shop told me ball joints are getting loose, and fuel sending unit is muffed up, both of those are minor problems and can be expected for a 10yr old truck.

I'll likely drive it untill it falls apart. I have no desire to get back into the car payment crowd again.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I had a 97 for a few years, then it went to my parents, then came back to me as a "daily driver" during the first price spike above $3. My 07 Silverado sat in the garage for nearly a year.

As sold that thing as fast as I could once gas came down. It was not the love affair I remembered from my youth. Extremely underpowered 4cyl engine, terrible MPG, lousy handlin, no cargo capacity, I could go on and on.

I need to remember this lesson - as I'm currently thinking about getting rid of the Silverado again... hmm...

BURNSURVIVOR725

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Vincennes
    ive had 2 S-10's and a sonoma

The 94 was my first vehicle. it died and i almost died in the process

2004_0802Image0001.jpg

Then i got the 2002 extreme, i still miss it

CSC_0050.jpg

ive still got the 99

DSC_0122.jpg

i traded the Xtreme for this

CIMG0637.jpg

CIMG0654.jpg

then traded the ram for this a few weeks ago

IMAG0805.jpg

IMAG0830.jpg

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I like Jeeps, I like S Trucks. BUT, the whole Jeep "thing" most people understand. The only time there is an "S-10/15 thing" is when they are all slammed or lifted way high. All the stockers in the middle DO NOT understand. To them it is just a massed produced driver, plain and simple. Where as Jeep guys/gals don't care if its lifted or not, they're still in a Jeep. And they crazier u get with it, the more they will wave. Maybe something wrong with Hoosier's DNA.

OH, give me an old square body 1st Gen 4x5 S-10 with a SBC or 4.3L and 5 speed, short bed standard cab and I'd be stylin'. Of course it will need roof lights, lifted, winch, push bar, rock scrapers and maybe an exe-skeloton. But sadly, I'm stuck in a Durango right now.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I am on my third as well, a 2000 Blazer. The first was a '90s, and the second was a '96 Bravada.

I love the S-Series, and the Jeep Cherokee (original).

Josh

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    I expect all of you S-series guys to wave at me now when/if you see me in my Sonoma. Apparently, it's an S-series thing, you wouldn't understand. ha

Top Bottom