• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    There has to be more to this story doesn't there? Why would the police arrest and hold the guy that was being robbed for trying to defend himself? They also rule it a homicide which I guess works since he was shot. But they should rule it "death due to stupidity and thuggery".

Maybe the Robbie was wanted on something else but the shooting on the surface sounds justifiable. Where is Obama, Jesse and Al when you need them?

Cops: Teen shot and killed trying to rob man on street : Gary News

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It's Gary. The victim in this case is a criminal in the eyes of the cops and politicians, for defending himself. He didn't break any law, but that's not going to stop them from jacking him up.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    They used deadly force against him when they pointed the gun at him and it was in the commission of a forcible felony. I have to believe that they arrested him on something else but I bet you don't see Rev. Al anywhere close to this case and I bet Obama doesn't have anything to say about it either.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    How are they jacking him up? It says they took the both into custody for questioning. Do you really think if you shoot someone you're not going to be taken in for questioning and a statement? Let us all know how that works out for you. Now if they charge him with a crime that's a different story.

It's Gary. The victim in this case is a criminal in the eyes of the cops and politicians, for defending himself. He didn't break any law, but that's not going to stop them from jacking him up.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    How are they jacking him up? It says they took the both into custody for questioning. Do you really think if you shoot someone you're not going to be taken in for questioning and a statement? Let us all know how that works out for you. Now if they charge him with a crime that's a different story.

Yep. That makes sense.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Actually, I've seen a few cases here in Indiana where the shooter in a good shoot was not taken into custody. Questioned at the scene and released makes a lot more sense than hauling someone off to jail to interrogate them. They know where to find him if they need to ask him any more questions.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I think every shooter from now on will be arrested as part of Obama's plan to eliminate guns for self defense. Protecting criminals is their highest priority, because that is their voting base. We're on our way to becoming Britain within 10 years if liberals (Democrat or Republican) stay in power.

Only Rand Paul or Ted Cruz can save us...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    To address the article:

"Homicide" DOES NOT EQUAL "Murder". Homicide is simply one person killed another, and it may or may not be a crime. Obviously the media already has all of the facts out of their magic crystal ball of awesomeness, but us lowly mortal detectives actually have to ask questions and investigate what happened to come to our conclusions. Homicide may end up being justified, reckless, murder, etc. etc.

"Detained" DOES NOT EQUAL "Arrested". You aren't "hauled off to jail" to be questioned, although you will likely be taken to the detective's office. Primarily so that the interview can be video recorded, which the Indiana court system has shown a strong preference to recently (including saying that all interviews in a police building MUST be videotaped). I can't video record you on the scene.

"News article" PRETTY MUCH NEVER EQUALS "what really happened." Its often pretty close, sometimes its so different you can't believe its addressing the same thing you are working on, but its almost never right in the details.

The end.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    To address the article:

"Homicide" DOES NOT EQUAL "Murder". Homicide is simply one person killed another, and it may or may not be a crime. Obviously the media already has all of the facts out of their magic crystal ball of awesomeness, but us lowly mortal detectives actually have to ask questions and investigate what happened to come to our conclusions. Homicide may end up being justified, reckless, murder, etc. etc.

"Detained" DOES NOT EQUAL "Arrested". You aren't "hauled off to jail" to be questioned, although you will likely be taken to the detective's office. Primarily so that the interview can be video recorded, which the Indiana court system has shown a strong preference to recently (including saying that all interviews in a police building MUST be videotaped). I can't video record you on the scene.

"News article" PRETTY MUCH NEVER EQUALS "what really happened." Its often pretty close, sometimes its so different you can't believe its addressing the same thing you are working on, but its almost never right in the details.

The end.

I tend to side with the seasoned officer on this one. +1

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

This.

My biggest issue of the article as printed is the following phrase:

"Stokes' death is the latest in a string of gun violence plaguing the city."

That phrase ticked me off.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

Hey, this will not upset anyone, so stop it!

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Wow, what a bunch of BS! A man is robbed, struggles with his attackers, one dies, and HE is the bad guy! The so-called authority in this case is a disgrace, have they lost their minds?

Top Bottom