• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    Just traded a $100 Mosin Nagant 91/30 for a Cold Steel Caladonian Edge folding knife (http://www.coldsteel.com/caledonianedge.html). I have / had (3) mosins so I could afford to give one up and I could never afford (or want) to purchase a Cold Steel outright for the $400 or so (retail) these sell for. The knife is used but in VG condition aesthetically. I'm going to get it pro sharpened but it would punch through a car door and then slice cheese for sandwiches now. Was this in your opinion a good trade?

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Very few cold steel fans around here!:dunno: could be where they're made, materials, and what they ask for them.

It's all in what you like, if you feel you done well in the trade that's all that really matters.:twocents:

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    seems to be a good trade, you can buy them still for like 225 I think. Mosin worth 100, so ya good trade, don't know what you intend to use the blade for but good luck to ya.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    I am as big a cold steel hater as there is yes. I am quoted saying (I would rather use broken glass than a cold steel) and ( well actually I do own a cold steel knife....I use it to scrape dog crap off my shoe) But truth is some of their knives are really not that bad (ok I just threw up in my mouth alittle saying that) I know many models are very popular and the truth is if you are happy who cares what some yahoo on a forum says. I think you did great enjoy :)

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    Thanks all for comments. I really am not a knife collector and was not aware of the anti-Cold Steel sentiment. I still like Buck knives, have a K-bar military knife, and a case knife. I don't really use them much either, just like owning them. Seems like I just mostly use a knife to open letters and cut apple slices at my desk. I did not really have a particular purpose for the Cold Steel other than I did not need another mosin and it is built like it can cut through a tank and I thought it would be cool. You never know when you need to cut a tank in half.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I'm not a Cold Steel hater but I prefer their Carbon V steel of the 90s, though I think it has since been surpassed by competitors. Regardless, I think you did good. That particular knife is very sweet. On the real online CS market you could have gotten it for somewhere between 2 and 3 hundred but that's still a good trade considering you can get a mosin for 100.

mwmccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    Seymour
    I am as big a cold steel hater as there is yes. I am quoted saying (I would rather use broken glass than a cold steel) and ( well actually I do own a cold steel knife....I use it to scrape dog crap off my shoe) But truth is some of their knives are really not that bad (ok I just threw up in my mouth alittle saying that) I know many models are very popular and the truth is if you are happy who cares what some yahoo on a forum says. I think you did great enjoy :)

+1 :yesway: :laugh:

Top Bottom