• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Yeah they heat up. I put the AK Houge furniture on mine and it comes with a heat shield. Its the difference between night and day. Shoots like a dream now. Get a heat shield of some kind if its an issue to you.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    No worries, I use mine for therapy too. After all, that's why they make targets shaped like people;) I've had both of mine red hot, still as accurate as they ever were. I did however get rid of the wood furniture just to prevent fires. I'm not sure about the polish, but mine are both romanian WASRs and I believe are chrome lined. I've heard that helps in a few ways, both easier cleaning and helps keep them cool?

Thank you uncle Mikhail!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Chrome won't help with the heat, just the chemical reactions. Personally, I probably wouldn't burn through the rounds like that unless there was a "zombie horde" or some such approaching, but hellz, you and that guy setting his on fire, that's übercool with me. Burn 'em up, man.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I have gotten the burn on my hand from both my AR and AK. That just means you are doing it right. Has not hurt mine the slightest bit yet.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    Yes i do. Sorry if that offends you. When you start paying for my ammo, I'll make sure I have a purpose. Sometimes I shoot with accuracy in mind, other times I shoot just to shoot. And yes sir I do shoot fast sometimes (what's the point of having a gun like an ak if you don't). But when I think about accuracy an AK sure doesn't come to mind...

If a bullet hose is all you want, a bullet hose is all you will have!

I have done a few 75rd mag dumps through some of my AKs & gotten the barrel too hot to handle. I just pick up a spent case & slowly let the bolt close on it. So it will makes a air space between the bolt & chamber then set the gun vertical and let it cool. Or I do like the full-auto guys, grab a can of WD-40 & soak it down, this makes a mess so I try to do it out in the rocks or in the grass.

ssylvester

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Yes i do. Sorry if that offends you. When you start paying for my ammo, I'll make sure I have a purpose. Sometimes I shoot with accuracy in mind, other times I shoot just to shoot. And yes sir I do shoot fast sometimes (what's the point of having a gun like an ak if you don't). But when I think about accuracy an AK sure doesn't come to mind...

Hahaha I like this! True everyone has fun in thier own way. I like using a slidefire but sometimes I shoot for accuracy. Mainly when I'm shooting a jar full of tannerite.

Top Bottom