Is this just the beginning of rioting or will it subside?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Teh Police didn't kill Floyd, the generic 'men acting with the authority of the government' didn't kill Floyd; one or two or four (depending on how you wish to apportion blame) did, arguably with a good bit of help from Floyd. What I cannot agree with is the attempt to tar the many with the crimes of the few, and upgrade one's home entertainment system because of it

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Because he was killed , arguably unnecessarily, by men 'acting with the authority of the government'. I'm hearing about how the Malheur folks 'committed crimes' although at the time I am not aware that they had been tried or convicted - even in absentia

I wish to make the point that the only real differences are that CampingJosh happens to feel that the George Floyd case is more egregious

Well, let's ignore all the lead ups, and look at the incident itself - one guy is handcuffed on the ground, the other is jumping out of a truck and (presumably) reaching for a gun inside his coat. That's really all that should matter.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Malapropic metaphors don't increase the credibility of your argument, Bug.

You love to pick losers....and *ding* *ding*, you've just won the kewpie doll here.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    If Mr Floyd hadn't spent his money on fentanyl (assuming he wasn't passing counterfeit 20s to his dealer) he would have had real money for the cigarettes that cost him his life

“When God hath ordained a creature to die in a particular place, He causeth that creature’s wants to direct him to that place.”

Giving drug dealers counterfeit money is a sure fire way to shorten your life.

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    If you want to riot and burn down cities cause a cop killed an unarmed man. I’m in.
    if you want to riot and burn down cities cause a white cop killed an unarmed black man. I’m out.
    I think cops are out of control. They have too much power. But as soon as you throw in the race card and talk about white privilege. I’m out.
    AA

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If you want to riot and burn down cities cause a cop killed an unarmed man. I’m in.
    if you want to riot and burn down cities cause a white cop killed an unarmed black man. I’m out.
    I think cops are out of control. They have too much power. But as soon as you throw in the race card and talk about white privilege. I’m out.
    AA

CooperativeFearfulFerret-size_restricted.gif

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    The next rounds of riots will be on “Junethenith” 06/19/20 !

The eleven lions told me this along with a strong possibility of violence in Tulsa,OK on the same day.

Behold the lions!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Malapropic metaphors don't increase the credibility of your argument, Bug.

You love to pick losers....and *ding* *ding*, you've just won the kewpie doll here.

I find it ... amusing ... that a Biden supporter is criticizing me for picking losers

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The next round of riots will be for gun control and assault weapon confiscation. Likely just in time to be a presidential election platform plank.

So this round of riots is to neuter the police and defund them to the extent they will not be able to react to crime and protect the public. Robberies and burglaries will go up causing good people to have to defend themselves. Some moron who is just turning his life around will enter the wrong house and the homeowner will stop the threat with their AR15. Instead of shooting them in the leg he will shoot multiple rounds of war ammunition from his clip into the intruder, killing him. There will be high school graduation pictures and [STRIKE]protest [/STRIKE]riots demanding Gun Control Now![/QUOTE

All this stuff about defunding police is just liberal politicians blowing smoke to buy votes. There may be some feeble attempts to do this in some of the cities we can name where civilization is nothing but a distant memory, but in the vast majority of the country this crap won't even get off the ground. Guns are flying off the shelves right now and I think gun ownership may well be in the best shape that its been in for awhile.

There is not the remotest possibility that there will be riots to further gun control.
    Indeed. Even these far left goofballs like their guns. This guy forgot to install ANY iron sights on his rifle.

Ey0IraK.jpg

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Slavery was abolished. The people engaging in it are long dead. Hundreds of thousands of Americans (both black and white, but by far mostly white) died to make it so. That was supposed to be the end of it, yet some feel that people today should still be paying for it. See how that works?

On the other hand, young black men are killing other young black men at an alarming rate, FAR outstripping the rate of blacks being killed by police, yet nobody wants to talk about that. Address that problem and I think you will find that the perceived problem with unfair treatment of blacks by police will largely disappear. The solution is right there in front of them, yet they continue to ignore it. Why?

This was 6 years ago but it seems so applicable today still. Milwaukee PD Chief Flynn actually cares and it comes across in his beratement of a news reporter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7MAO7McNKE

So well spoken when asking Obama for help in a town hall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI-UT9ChGHk

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This was 6 years ago but it seems so applicable today still. Milwaukee PD Chief Flynn actually cares and it comes across in his beratement of a news reporter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7MAO7McNKE

So well spoken when asking Obama for help in a town hall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI-UT9ChGHk

Liked the first video. I thought he did a great job of illustrating just what the police really do have to go through, and the job that they do to protect ALL of the community, and he was noticeably touched about the death of the child in a drive by shooting and bringing up the point that things like that go largely ignored.

In the second video, I was not so much impressed. He seemed to have walked back his passion from the first (and I don't know the timeline between the two), and started blaming guns (communities are "awash in guns" and that's the problem, rather than the members of the community). Obama seemed to be doing what Obama always did. Much to say without saying anything.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Hmmm....I sort of agree with Josh. We have 18,000 law enforcement establishments in the USA (according to INGO). We have a national drug enforcement system deployed in the US.

I've never been Terry-stopped. In New York City...just NYC....there were almost 700,000 Terry Stops in 2012. Wanna guess how many were minorities?

There are real issues here. But riots and arson aren't solutions, they even **** me off to the point I won't begin to listen to their arguments and proposed solutions until the violence stops.

Also, make sure you don't drive five mph under the speed limit.

[video=youtube;ODmT-KDfkC0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODmT-KDfkC0[/video]

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Also, make sure you don't drive five mph under the speed limit.

[video=youtube;ODmT-KDfkC0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODmT-KDfkC0[/video]

Sure seems like the guy that got pulled over was trying to escalate the encounter into something it wasn't. The cop was polite, and he's not wrong that it's kind of suspicious, especially if it was on a major highway like I-70, known to be a drug running corridor, to be driving under the speed limit. :dunno: He got a warning. Why get out of the car and try and confront the cop? Say "thank you sir" and be on your way. That's what I would have done. Call me crazy...

Hell, my dad got pulled over on 465 back in the late 70s for doing 50 in a 55 mph zone because he was driving under the speed limit. If this was intended to show that cops are racist, then sorry... FAIL. Just another example of how the demand for racism exceeds the supply.

Last edited:

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Sure seems like the guy that got pulled over was trying to escalate the encounter into something it wasn't. The cop was polite, and he's not wrong that it's kind of suspicious, especially if it was on a major highway like I-70, known to be a drug running corridor, to be driving under the speed limit. :dunno: He got a warning. Why get out of the car and try and confront the cop? Say "thank you sir" and be on your way. That's what I would have done. Call me crazy...

Hell, my dad got pulled over on 465 back in the late 70s for doing 50 in a 55 mph zone because he was driving under the speed limit. If this was intended to show that cops are racist, then sorry... FAIL. Just another example of how the demand for racism exceeds the supply.

Nah, dude. This is a stretch. Who gets pulled over for 5 under? Racial profiling or not, why does someone get pulled over for driving 5 under the speed limit? Then the cop condescendingly gives him the 3rd degree and snipes back about the guy not wanting casual conversation when he gets agitated about getting grilled after being pulled over for 5mph under the speed limit, which is not a crime. Doesn't matter if you think it might look suspicious. He didn't get him for a taillight burned out, or my favorite "it looked like you weren't wearing your seatbelt". He pulled him over for something that was legal. Period.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

There is a whole discussion that needs to happen on why these stops are occurring. Probably not in this thread, however. But, I'd like to know how many of these stops are data driven.....does the brass require some form of performance measurement of patrol effectiveness resulting in a number of otherwise mundane problems rising to the level of an actual stop?

If so, let's change the metrics.

Top Bottom