is this the real deal for the gps grip pod?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    Just like with anything there are the originals and there are the fakes. It is hard to spot the differences which is why I dont use Ebay! If you walk around gun shows you can see the real gripods vs the fake ones. The army does issue the real ones overseas...

hunter46140

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Yes, this seems to be the real deal! The military uses the ones that have the steel/aluminum reinforced legs. I got lucky and got 1 off of hosiertopics.com for $20 from a guy in the military.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    +1 for the GripPod from a recreational users' stand point.

I've shot thousands of 5.56 rounds using a grip pod both as a forward grip and as a bipod. I never had one issue with it. Is it practical for real world use, in theatre? Probably not, the world is not full of naturally occurring flat, smooth surfaces. BUT For the recreational shooter, I think it will do just fine. I really enjoyed using one.

I'll agree with an above statement though. If you want one, buy the real thing from a reputable dealer or from the manufacturer. Don't buy on Ebay. It's just not worth the chance of getting ripped off with a knock-off/counterfeit product.

Top Bottom