• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is your Carry gun Stock or Modified (internals)

• Total voters

indyninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    saw on another thread mention of putting lighter triggers in a carry gun.

Do you modify the internals of your carry gun?

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    ive got night sights, ss guide rod and 3.5lbs adjustable trigger on my Glock 22. the trigger can be turned down to about 3lbs. i didnt intend to use the lighter trigger for every day carry, only for target and competition. but after putting it in, i just couldnt take it out.

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    The nice thing about H$K's is you don't have to change anything to make them into great guns.. :stickpoke:

I might go Trijicon at some point.

:D

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Primary carry guns:
    -HiPower: My usual carry HiPower is a custom gun and there isn't much that hasn't been changed in some way.
    -1911: Maybe. Depends on the gun.
    -HK P7: No changes.

BUGs:
    Kahr: Stock. Well, a rounding of the sharp corners of the slide stop.
    S&W 442: Changed here and there.

duboismd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Indy
    Current carry is an XD9SC with combat carry package from Springer. Lightened trigger and other work with XS big dot sights.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    All my Glocks all get night sights, extended slide stop and extended mag catch (Glock factory parts) and a light polishing of the trigger bar and connector. Compacts and subcompacts get the serrated trigger replaced with smooth. I've experimented with many different connector and spring configurations over the years, but most currently have the "-" connector and standard spring (nominal 3.5-lb. pull), except for a couple (my wife's G19 and my G17) which had such smooth, crisp trigger pulls out of the box that I didn't see the need to change them.

My Colt Pony Pocketlite, which is my "always gun," has been to Cylinder & Slide for a pretty comprehensive carry package, including a dehorning of all external sharp edges, a polishing of the internals, a mag catch and slide stop upgrade, and a Wolff spring kit.

My Kahr P9, on the other hand, is absolutely bone stock; I think it's the only pistol I own that is! :eek:

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    My XD-45C will see a set of night sights and a Crimson Trace laser grip. I wouldn't be opposed to send it off to Springer Precision to have him work over it though . . . I'm just too cheap. When I pick up my 442/642, it'll only see a set of Crimson Trace grips.

Top Bottom