Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

The following story illustrates in so many ways why I believe the very first priority of my government should be to protect my rights and liberty! Everything else falls below that...

In the name of "national security" we were willing to violate rights so that we can be safe.

In the name of "catching the bad guy" we are willing to tolerate abusive practices by law enforcement.

All of the losses we suffer and subtle and painless, UNTIL it happens to you! And then we wonder, "How did it come to this? How did it go so far?"

My answer to most of this is that we, as a collective, are more motivated by fear than by love. We "fear" the terrorist more than we "love" liberty. We "fear" the bad guy getting away with it more than we "love" freedom. So for each we sacrifice.

This then sets a horrific precedent that desensitizes future generations to the losses we suffer. They then simply take these losses as a way of life and add to them by whatever occurs during their lifetimes. This then is the slow decay of love of liberty.

I would rather live with the risk of a terrorist attack than suffer the loss of civil rights. I would rather have the drug dealer "beat the rap" than allow Big Brother think that he can come onto any citizens property to attach GPS without my permission. After all, the Government ALREADY tracks everywhere I go, or so the 9th Circuit says.

It is indeed ironic that the lone dissenting judge, conservative and appointed by President Reagan, is considered a flaming liberal!

Please read this article and share your views.

The Government's New Right to Track Your Every Move With GPS - TIME

Let this stand and who knows where the next generation will chip away (just a little...)

Regards,

Doug

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I agree with you. but until the sheeple wake up and realize that theres no more hope at the ballot box, then we will keep following the same path. We are voting in a corrupt and flawwed system than no more closely resembles the republic that was founded, than a monkey resembles a snake.

Last edited:

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    My answer to most of this is that we, as a collective, are more motivated by fear than by love. We "fear" the terrorist more than we "love" liberty. We "fear" the bad guy getting away with it more than we "love" freedom. So for each we sacrifice.

Well said...:+1: to this.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I don't understand why you're upset. If you're not doing anything wrong, then you have NOTHING to worry about.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I agree with you. but until the sheeple wake up and realize that theres no more hope at the ballot box, then we will keep following the same path. We are voting in a corrupt and flawwed system than no more closely resembles the republic that was founded, than a monkey resembles a snake.

Yes. Don't beat me in the head with a frying pan and tell me it's a feather pillow. :draw:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom