Is your immediate family supportive of prepping?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is your immediate family supportive of prepping?

• Total voters

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    My wife and mother both pretty much think prepping is a waste. More my mom than my wife. My mom says she's seen things this bad before and it's just another phase. My wife, she's coming around. She still calls it wasting money and food when I buy things to stash away.... :rolleyes: I keep stocking up though and she just shakes her head. Sometimes I think she doesn't care.

zcam630

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Somewhere
    I have really been thinking more about SHTF and being prepared. I had some interesting conversations with Redneckmedic and Indygunworks this past week. I shared what they told me about SHTF with my wife last night. When I told her what an EMP would do, she almost went into full blown panic. I told here that vehicles made before the mid 80's would not be effected. She immediately said that we need to find another vehicle to have for SHTF. Of course my jaw dropped. I guess it is time to start making up some list and clearing out some storage room.:dunno:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have really been thinking more about SHTF and being prepared. I had some interesting conversations with Redneckmedic and Indygunworks this past week. I shared what they told me about SHTF with my wife last night. When I told her what an EMP would do, she almost went into full blown panic. I told here that vehicles made before the mid 80's would not be effected. She immediately said that we need to find another vehicle to have for SHTF. Of course my jaw dropped. I guess it is time to start making up some list and clearing out some storage room.:dunno:

Sounds like you got a keeper! Mine just looks blankly at me and nods then starts talking about the bs drama that happened in someone's life I could care less about... :dunno: Plus I get scolded for buying something like too many canned goods.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    My wife is on board with preparing for the worst, as long as I don't take it too fast or ask her to give up things that are "normal".

We are buying a wood stove, a manual water pump, and rain barrels and she is excited about all of those.

We have budgeted to buy extra when we go to the store.

She is fully on board with permaculture and growing our own food. I have had to give up on my push to get rid of the refrigerator (keeping the chest freezer of course). Maybe once we have our goats and chickens I can try again. :)

If I had my way we would only have a few solar panels to run the freezer, a modem, a router, a netbook, and our lights. We don't need electricity for anything else.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    My wife is a stay at home mom. She is very supportive as long as she doesn't have to do anything. She is fine with any firearm, ammo, food, etc...purchase I make. The only problem is getting a surplus of food, she will not buy any extra and will not purchase anything until the shelf is bare, example: I go to the store and buy 10 cans of soup, tell her to replace what she uses plus a few extra each week. She lets it go until they are all gone, then buys 2 cans for the shelf.

On the plus side however, if it is in a 5 gallon pail (I use these for dry storage) or stacked in my closet, she will not go near it. So I guess she is supportive, just not willing?

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    You forgot an option: They are more rabid about it than I am in some ways. The girls do a lot of the food shopping and are often coming home with a couple months more supplies to add to the stash. I get the physical and hardware side of the job, but they're supportive of that too.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You forgot an option: They are more rabid about it than I am in some ways. The girls do a lot of the food shopping and are often coming home with a couple months more supplies to add to the stash. I get the physical and hardware side of the job, but they're supportive of that too.

If you know someone who's a rabid prepper, bring them here! :D

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Family

My wife's parents are preppers, so are mine. Our biggest problem is keeping the kids out of the MRE's.

A question. You are all talking about stockpiling food. Do any of you plan for a survival garden or plant edible trees/lanscaping? I've been working on that aspect for a number of years and now have several fruit and nut trees along with various bushes (like blue berry and blackberry) and herbs growing around the house.

Top Bottom