ISIS issues threat against Russia/Putin.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think this is probably a good thing, now something will get done about them. I think they may find out that Putin ain't no obama. :ar15:

It's highly possible that this is what ISIS wants... a strong military response. They know they'll die... but it will further destabilize the area.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    It's highly possible that this is what ISIS wants... a strong military response. They know they'll die... but it will further destabilize the area.

Yep. These folks (And all other islamo-terrorists) WANT to die.

Hard to argue with that. If they'd just leave everyone else out of it. :(

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I read many years ago how the KGB responded to some <redacted> terrorist attack on Russian citizens and found it pretty well deterred such attacks for many years to come. I am sure Vlad will remember how the strong response worked before.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Russia has been singularly harsh on Chechens/islamofascists.

But, they still have a problem with it. What they've managed to do is contain it, mostly. No more big attacks (like theaters, schools, etc.). Their effectiveness at eliminating it was roughly the same as the "War on Terrorism" (which I also tend to call the "War on Hate").

No doubt, though, if they poke Russia in the eye, there will be blood.

ETA:
    Ironically, given the predisposition to despots in that part of the world, I think many INGOers would be otherwise sympathetic to the Chechen rebels' cause, if not their tactics.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Putin isn't a ***** like our leader is, but not being a ***** doesn't make him a hero. The stronger enemy of even a hideous enemy still is not our friend. The world is definitely worse off than it was a decade ago. At least the Western world.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    There is a leadership vaccuum in the world. The U.S. has withdrawn from any acive role in world events. It is much more important to get all of the illegals safely across the southern border so they will be available to vote for the Democrats as soon as possible. Anything else pales in comparison to that goal. We do, however, have plenty of hollow words and meaningless rhetoric to launch at those who murder our citizens and other innocents. You have to keep your eye on the ball.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    At the thought of ISIS threatening Russia and the possibility of a Russian reaction:

JdpYT.gif

:popcorn:

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    There is a leadership vaccuum in the world. The U.S. has withdrawn from any acive role in world events. It is much more important to get all of the illegals safely across the southern border so they will be available to vote for the Democrats as soon as possible. Anything else pales in comparison to that goal. We do, however, have plenty of hollow words and meaningless rhetoric to launch at those who murder our citizens and other innocents. You have to keep your eye on the ball.

?

Too much leadership is the problem.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hmm... see, that's a tougher jump for me to make. If the NSA had only been doing it to ISIS-type foreigners, Snowden would probably still be working for them.

speedracer302

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Hamilton County
    It would be awesome if the US, its allies, and Russia teamed up against ISIS. Unfortunately the next ISIS is growing right behind them. ITs like pulling weeks in a field.

limbsonagrizzly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Interestingly enough, I read a Yahoo! News article recently which stated how many of the tactics and strategies that ISIS has been using were learned from ISIS fighters who fought in Chechnya.

Regardless, it'll be interesting to see strange bedfellows come together by circumstances.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    This is really interesting because ISIS was trained by Israel Mossad and Al-Qaeda by CIA back in the day. Not saying ISIS was created to start something with Russia, but very ironic that ISIS is basically a reincarnated Al-Qaeda that's just more dangerous IMO.

Top Bottom