• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    So I picked up my Tavor this weekend and went shooting.. the iron sites were pretty accurate out of the box... but they are just "backup sites" .. So I am on the look out for some new optics .. I havent bought any optics before though so I am not sure whats considered good and whats not. I use to do range shooting up to 300yrds.. however I dont expect to be doing that all too often I like the idea of being able to use the Tavor for something like that as well.

So share you're thoughts and experiences and possibly links! Or even better if you know of any LGS that may have something good that is in stock I'd be more inclined to buy from a LGS just so I can have it in hand that much quicker. :)

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Yeah sorry about that .. I am in Indy .. The more I think about it any "long" range shooting would be a rare occasion.. If I get back into that I may look into having multiple set ups .. Like one to have fun with when I go down to BGF range and then something a little more like what you linked.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Yeah sorry about that .. I am in Indy .. The more I think about it any "long" range shooting would be a rare occasion.. If I get back into that I may look into having multiple set ups .. Like one to have fun with when I go down to BGF range and then something a little more like what you linked.

With the PST 1-4 you can do both. Its a true 1x on the bottom end, so it behaves almost exactly like a red dot so you can shoot at 20yds all day no problem. You also have the option of cranking up to 4x for more precese short range shots, or when/if you decide to go to longer range.

You mentioned you wanted it asap, I can have it to you by Tuesday.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Meprolight M21. It's what you'd see the IDF bad asses of Isreal using on it. Tritium / fiber optic combo so there is no need for batteries, and no electrical components to short out. I recently got talked into selling mine to a coworker, and I've regretted it since. If you want to stretch out your distance with it, get the magnifier.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Anyone know of any LGS (Indy area) that carries Eotech? I'd like to get my hands on some and see what they look/feel like.

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Anyone know of any LGS (Indy area) that carries Eotech? I'd like to get my hands on some and see what they look/feel like.

Elmore's in Greenwood and Plainfield Shooting Supplies in Plainfield usually have a good selection.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    For what the OP is asking for, the PST 1-4 mentioned above would be a good choice. If you decide on a red dot, consider the Aimpoint T1 (or H1).

I had the same issue with my personal AR a year or more ago and went with the Aimpoint to match my work rifle...but I still kind of wish I'd have gone for the Vortex (even more so now that they have the newer 1-6).

Top Bottom