• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I thought it was a funny post. INGO is a fickle *****. This is a perfectly good satire thread, the likes of which we have all the freakin' time. He gets excoriated for it, and others get the chest bump and high fives.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I thought it was a funny post. INGO is a fickle *****. This is a perfectly good satire thread, the likes of which we have all the freakin' time. He gets excoriated for it, and others get the chest bump and high fives.

It is quite the funny post and INGO is a fickle ***** but it's not satire or written in purple just because it's true. Yes,I live in a "sh**hole" neighborhood but yet,I live here just the same.( shame on me and sorry I don't live up to other peoples standards) I'm asking a simple question. You see, growing up,I believed it was the right thing to do to help people get their stolen property back. I now realize that if, the complex I live in or IMPD doesn't care about recovering stolen property,why should I? I just figure, since no one cares,why not make a buck off of it ? Viva Merica!!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It is quite the funny post and INGO is a fickle ***** but it's not satire or written in purple just because it's true. Yes,I live in a "sh**hole" neighborhood but yet,I live here just the same.( shame on me and sorry I don't live up to other peoples standards) I'm asking a simple question. You see, growing up,I believed it was the right thing to do to help people get their stolen property back. I now realize that if, the complex I live in or IMPD doesn't care about recovering stolen property,why should I? I just figure, since no one cares,why not make a buck off of it ? Viva Merica!!!

And you are correct the so few give a crap any more.
    Your complex simply needs to sign on with one of the recovery services. My son rolls for one. They spend a few days a week policing up several of the complexes that are on board with them. It takes a bit of effort from management such as getting "Outside" and seeing if the cars actually belong there. This is part of property management beyond just collecting rents and playing on he computer.
    As to where you live, I am not that uppity to make such a call. My station in life does not make that possible. Our area is where we grew up. Folks look down on it but it is where we live. To old and way to stubborn to move.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Why not try to find out who the owners are and let them know where their car is. Maybe they will give you a few bucks to keep an eye on it until they can recover it or IMPD recovers it?

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I have a crew of Hispanics who work for me and I swear, once a month the van gets towed(West 38th and 465). The tow truck drivers would always pick the Mexicans vehicles to tow....for a couple of reasons. 1st, they knew they needed vehicles back because of tools and ladders on it, 2nd they knew Mexicans were unlikely to complain out of fear of not being legal. We finally had enough of this and was in a pissy mood and showed up with them to get the van back.....we asked why they tow them, company says because no parking permit....even though it is in the tinted back window and one in windshield. After a few exchanges of pleasantry, we had an attorney send a letter to the tow company for we felt they were being targeted and harassing them, not to mention costing us money in down time.......and as of now no more tows.

For the most part, them downtown towing companies are just skanks ripping people off.....they really should get a life and earn a living without stealing from people. They are always in trouble for violating laws........

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a crew of Hispanics who work for me and I swear, once a month the van gets towed(West 38th and 465). The tow truck drivers would always pick the Mexicans vehicles to tow....for a couple of reasons. 1st, they knew they needed vehicles back because of tools and ladders on it, 2nd they knew Mexicans were unlikely to complain out of fear of not being legal. We finally had enough of this and was in a pissy mood and showed up with them to get the van back.....we asked why they tow them, company says because no parking permit....even though it is in the tinted back window and one in windshield. After a few exchanges of pleasantry, we had an attorney send a letter to the tow company for we felt they were being targeted and harassing them, not to mention costing us money in down time.......and as of now no more tows.

For the most part, them downtown towing companies are just skanks ripping people off.....they really should get a life and earn a living without stealing from people. They are always in trouble for violating laws........

Wow.....bit edgy this morning huh.
    My son does not take a car that is not on a list at the management office.
    Properly displaying the sticker in the rear window may have reduced this issue.
    Yes, Downtown recovery companies have a history of double dealing.
    So....you run a crew of non-registered aliens......:dunno:

Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    I have a crew of Hispanics who work for me and I swear, once a month the van gets towed(West 38th and 465). The tow truck drivers would always pick the Mexicans vehicles to tow...Mexicans were unlikely to complain out of fear of not being legal.

I shed many tears.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Wow.....bit edgy this morning huh.
    My son does not take a car that is not on a list at the management office.
    Properly displaying the sticker in the rear window may have reduced this issue.
    Yes, Downtown recovery companies have a history of double dealing.
    So....you run a crew of non-registered aliens......:dunno:

No CM. My guys are actually legal and live in Owensboro, Kentucky and have for 25 years. They commute to Indianapolis and stay thru the week. They are hardworking, peaceful people that constantly get degraded for their color. I am just calling them as I see them. Don't kill the messenger.

I seriously doubt your son is a skank and sorry you took it wrongly.....I simply stated what we all know. Anyone who reads the news knows what them companies are like. This is why America is such a liberal place anymore....everyone is afraid to speak the truth because everyone has one in the family......know what I mean? We cant talk about welfare because every family has someone to offend, we cant talk about unwed mothers, we cant talk about religion....now we can add douche bag tow companies to the list.

http://www.wthr.com/story/14629936/citizens-seek-answers-over-unfair-towing

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/towing-companies-routinely-disregard-law-lawyer-says

Why you so defensive? You think a sticker in the front and back window is not sufficient, you think they are illegal.....assuming is what caused the van to be towed to start with. And that apartment has a contract with the douche bags to drive thru and tow any vehicle with no stickers. They are just too lazy to walk up and check for sticker...and after they stole it once with no problems they started stealing it every couple weeks.

Anyhow........sorry if you took what I said personally......your the last guy I would mean to offend. I honestly mean that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No CM. My guys are actually legal and live in Owensboro, Kentucky and have for 25 years. They commute to Indianapolis and stay thru the week. They are hardworking, peaceful people that constantly get degraded for their color. I am just calling them as I see them. Don't kill the messenger.

I seriously doubt your son is a skank and sorry you took it wrongly.....I simply stated what we all know. Anyone who reads the news knows what them companies are like. This is why America is such a liberal place anymore....everyone is afraid to speak the truth because everyone has one in the family......know what I mean? We cant talk about welfare because every family has someone to offend, we cant talk about unwed mothers, we cant talk about religion....now we can add douche bag tow companies to the list.

Citizens seek answers over "unfair" towing - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Towing Companies Routinely Disregard Law, Lawyer Says - TheIndyChannel.com

Why you so defensive? You think a sticker in the front and back window is not sufficient, you think they are illegal.....assuming is what caused the van to be towed to start with. And that apartment has a contract with the douche bags to drive thru and tow any vehicle with no stickers. They are just too lazy to walk up and check for sticker...and after they stole it once with no problems they started stealing it every couple weeks.

Anyhow........sorry if you took what I said personally......your the last guy I would mean to offend. I honestly mean that.

Right on my brother.
    Yes, if it the Company I am thinking of they are douche bags. There is possibly some commissions involved as well.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    no-bullying-no-bully-zone__52851.1409593370.1280.1280.jpg

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County

Nobody just assumed your workers were illegal, just going off what you posted.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    We had a car parked in the middle of our lot at work Monday. We called it in. IMPD stated they wouldn't do anything with it unless it is reported stolen by the owner. :dunno:

It was gone several hours later. Probably just died, and came back later to fix it/start it.
    We can't tow off private property unless it's stolen.

Top Bottom