• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    Does anyone have a direct phone number for which ever department/office processes the apps for the LTCH? I would like to call them and ensure the apps for myself and my wife were received properly and there are no complications.

We sent them off late December (L1 finger printed a week later) so I know I still have a while to wait based on the wait times exhibited... but I am terrible at the waiting game. I get anxious and paranoid.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    WTF! I don't understand why folks feel the need to keep calling the ISP and pester them about their LTCH application. It has been well established that the current wait time is running about 8 - 9 weeks for L1 applications and 15-16 weeks for paper print apps.

Why do you insist on calling about an application that still has a couple weeks to go? Do you think that bothering them and keeping them from the actual processing of applications is going to make your LTCH get issued any faster?

Everybody with a pending application is annoyed with the processing time brought about by the panic the current political climate started. Are you so narcissistic that you think your application should be processed ahead of all others?

For ***** sake! Leave the ISP people alone so they can do their jobs. If your L1 LTCH doesn't show up in 10 or 11 weeks, THEN call about it.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    . It has been well established that the current wait time is running about 8 - 9 weeks for L1 applications and 15-16 weeks for paper print apps.

Why do you insist on calling about an application that still has a couple weeks to go? Do you think that bothering them and keeping them from the actual processing of applications is going to make your LTCH get issued any faster?

By law, the ISP has 60 days to process your license application. I say keep pestering them until they comply with the law. 15-16 weeks is unacceptable. It's twice the amount of time allowed by law. It's a way of tying up your Rights with government bureaucracy to keep you from carrying for as long as possible. It's "shall issue...whenever we get around to it".

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    WTF! I don't understand why folks feel the need to keep calling the ISP and pester them about their LTCH application. It has been well established that the current wait time is running about 8 - 9 weeks for L1 applications and 15-16 weeks for paper print apps.

Everybody with a pending application is annoyed with the processing time brought about by the panic the current political climate started. Are you so narcissistic that you think your application should be processed ahead of all others?

For ***** sake! Leave the ISP people alone so they can do their jobs. If your L1 LTCH doesn't show up in 10 or 11 weeks, THEN call about it.
    Actually, the message on the ISP line states L1 processes are taking about four weeks. So yes, if I were him, I'd call also.

jfryan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2012
    SBN
    Posted in the LTCH wait time post : I spoke with Amber yesterday as it had been four weeks, and the recording indicates a four week wait for L1 apps. I asked to check on the status, and she asked when I had applied and what method, and she informed me that it was in fact a seven week wait, she then promptly hung up.

Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    WTF! I don't understand why folks feel the need to keep calling the ISP ...

Why do you insist on calling about an application that still has a couple weeks to go?

Mainly because I have a general distrust of state bureaucracy and I have seen several reports of people calling only find out their app was never received, or there was some error, etc etc. My wife had to go back to L1 to have her prints retaken for some reason. So I want to ensure there are no other hiccups. The rest of your rant I won't bother to touch on.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

:dunno: It was only by calling and asking that I cleared up a clerical error on the part of ISP and got my app out of limbo. Why so angry?

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    By law, the ISP has 60 days to process your license application. I say keep pestering them until they comply with the law. 15-16 weeks is unacceptable. It's twice the amount of time allowed by law. It's a way of tying up your Rights with government bureaucracy to keep you from carrying for as long as possible. It's "shall issue...whenever we get around to it".
    Then call a lawyer. Calling the processing clerks and b!thcing to them won't change anything.

Actually, the message on the ISP line states L1 processes are taking about four weeks. So yes, if I were him, I'd call also.
    When was the message last updated? Regardless of what the recording says, all the posts in the LTCH wait time sticky indicate L1 processing is in the 6 - 8 week time frame.

The rest of your rant I won't bother to touch on.
    Hit too close to the mark, did I?

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Then call a lawyer. Calling the processing clerks and b!thcing to them won't change anything.

When was the message last updated? Regardless of what the recording says, all the posts in the LTCH wait time sticky indicate L1 processing is in the 6 - 8 week time frame.

Hit too close to the mark, did I?
    Two weeks ago is when I talked to them on the phone. You can go buy the posts in the sticky, but I heard it from the ISP. L1 turn around is 4 weeks, mail in turn around is 14.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Two weeks ago is when I talked to them on the phone. You can go buy the posts in the sticky, but I heard it from the ISP. L1 turn around is 4 weeks, mail in turn around is 14.
    Please tell me you meant to post that in purple text.

If not...

I can get you a really sweet deal on the Brooklyn Bridge.

waltherppk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    the government NEVER takes longer than they say....that's supposed to be in purple but can't ever get it so from my iPad.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Please tell me you meant to post that in purple text.

If not...

I can get you a really sweet deal on the Brooklyn Bridge.
    If I had meant it to be in purple text, it would have been. The original post was asking about calling the ISP to inquire about a late LTCH. The State Police itself says L1 takes four weeks, so naturally I would call if it's later than what the ISP is stating it should take.

Micah

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    www.branham.org
    If I had meant it to be in purple text, it would have been. The original post was asking about calling the ISP to inquire about a late LTCH. The State Police itself says L1 takes four weeks, so naturally I would call if it's later than what the ISP is stating it should take.

I agree 110 percent!! :yesway:

Let you be late paying your bill to them and they will call you 100 times a day, take your license and anything else they can get their hands on. It wouldn't be to hard to change their message to anything other then the 4 week message.

sonofd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Valparaiso Indiana
    I came to this thread hoping to find the link to the permit wait time sticky (I've since found it). Instead all I see is a bunch of trolls flaming eachother into a lather. Pretty sad..:(

Top Bottom