• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • troopjones

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Valparaiso, IN
    Starting today all Indiana Troopers will begin to transition to the Glock 21 from the Glock 17. The Troopers will be allowed to buy back their G17 if they want, but those that do not want them will be available to purchase from Kiesler Police Supply. I don't know what the price will be for them at this time.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    Starting today all Indiana Troopers will begin to transition to the Glock 21 from the Glock 17. The Troopers will be allowed to buy back their G17 if they want, but those that do not want them will be available to purchase from Kiesler Police Supply. I don't know what the price will be for them at this time.

Probaly more than their worth.

swat1971

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Martinsville
    Well that is good news...when I had originally been told ISP was switching sidearms I was informed that the Glock 17s were going to be unavailable for individual officer purchase. This was apparently in reference to these guns being earmarked for another out-of-country contract.

troopjones

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Valparaiso, IN
    Well that is good news...when I had originally been told ISP was switching sidearms I was informed that the Glock 17s were going to be unavailable for individual officer purchase. This was apparently in reference to these guns being earmarked for another out-of-country contract.

Yeah, i want to buy all my duty weapons back, no matter how much i disliked some.

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    I'd be up for one if they are in decent condition and they aren't being sold for 50 bucks less than a brand new one.

swat1971

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Martinsville
    I am fine carrying a 9mm, I was refeering to the Beretta .380 i was issued as a BUG years ago.

I dont get too hung up on the round we carry, i always say you need to be able to hit the target to stop the threat, versus spray and pray.

Yeah I don't blame you...I always questioned the wisdom of ISP issuing those .380 Berettas. Did you have any issues with the Glock 22 you were issued years ago? I have heard somewhat mixed reviews from the troops in our area.

troopjones

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Valparaiso, IN
    Yeah I don't blame you...I always questioned the wisdom of ISP issuing those .380 Berettas. Did you have any issues with the Glock 22 you were issued years ago? I have heard somewhat mixed reviews from the troops in our area.

I, along with most of the troops at my district, had little to no issues with it. We were told of lots of problems at other locations. Not sure if it was a batch problem, or what. Never heard the final determination from our higher up's.

swat1971

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Martinsville
    I, along with most of the troops at my district, had little to no issues with it.

Well that is good to hear, I have carried the Glock 23 on duty for nearly 12 years and have never had any type of problems with it. Any insight as to why ISP chose the .45...is it just because of the past issues they had with the .40?

troopjones

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Valparaiso, IN
    Well that is good to hear, I have carried the Glock 23 on duty for nearly 12 years and have never had any type of problems with it. Any insight as to why ISP chose the .45...is it just because of the past issues they had with the .40?

Im not sure, i know our firearms Inst. tested 6 or so guns all in .45, some of those were:
    Glock 21
    S&W MMP
    Sig ?
    Springfield XD

But I have not seen the data from testing or why we chose the Glock.

swat1971

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Martinsville
    Im not sure, i know our firearms Inst. tested 6 or so guns all in .45, some of those were:
    Glock 21
    S&W MMP
    Sig ?
    Springfield XD

But I have not seen the data from testing or why we chose the Glock.

I am sure you will be happy with the Glock, I was just curious as to why ISP administration seems to focusing on the .45 round. As I understand it you guys are also going to be provided a list of approved carry firearms. Is that going to be instead of the Glock 21, or is it going to be in addition to it (for example BUG/Off Duty Firearms)?

Top Bottom